Anyone remember a game called The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth? If you have, then chances are you have played this game before. If that is the case, then there are reasons for you to be excited today because new content is on the horizon.
The first wave of DLC is coming to the Xbox One version of the game, and it is cleverly titled The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth. The DLC from our understanding, adds around 100 hours of additional gameplay time as the main character, Isaac, returns to his basement to destroy hordes of monsters.
To make things even more interesting, the DLC pack includes new gameplay modes, challenges and more. Here’s a list of what players should expect when it becomes available on May 10:
- Over 100 hours of MORE gameplay
- Greed Mode – a whole new way to play, focused on risk/reward
- Expanded main game – a new final area with a new final boss
- Daily Runs – play a new official run, everyday!
- Online Leaderboards – compete for highscore/best time
- 10 totally new and awesome challenges!
- 1000+ new room designs
- MONSTROUSLY UPDATED WEAPON COMBO SYSTEM!
- 120 new items—not counting tons of new pickups, chests, pills, bombs and cards—taking the item count up beyond 500!
- Alternate soundtrack!
- New secret transformations!
- Lilith, mother of demons, a totally new playable character
- 4 new alternate chapters with new enemy types and visual themes
- Revised seed code combo system and new special seeds
- 100+ enemies, with new designs
- 8 new bosses
The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth will retail for the cool price of $10.99.