Build 14361 fails to solve the photo importing issue on Windows 10 PCs
Windows 10 build 14361 brings many useful fixes and improvements to Windows 10 PCs, but still fails to solve an annoying photo importing issue users have been complaining about since Windows 10 was launched.
When trying to import photos from their external devices (camera, phones) to their computer, users receive all kind of error messages preventing them from finishing the task. There are three common error messages:
- “An error has occurred while attempting to import. Either the source is unavailable or the destination is full or read only”
- “Something went wrong. Try again or cancel.”
- “No pictures or videos were found.”
Windows 10 users were hoping that Microsoft’s latest Windows 10 build would fix this issue, only to get disappointed since the bug is still present.
No pictures or videos were found on this device.
I am now on build 14361 and was hoping this issue might now be resolved. Alas, it is not.
For two or three builds now, my computer fails to find the pictures and videos I have on my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ when I connect via USB. In searching for prior questions on this topic I only found a couple from last year which did not resolve the issue.
I have tried removing the device, to no avail.
The interesting part is that Microsoft has not added this bug on the known issue official list, although the company’s Support Team suggested this problem could be fixed with the Windows 10 Anniversary Update. The fact that this bug is not even included on the issue list raises questions whether or not the problem will be solved by the Redstone Update.
Until then, you can try this workaround:
- Right click on the “Pictures” folder in file explorer;
- Click on Properties;
- Click on the Security tab;
- Under “Group or Username” click on “HomeUsers”
- Under “Permissions for System” click on “Full Control”;
- Repeat steps 4 & 5 for “Administrators” under “Group or Username”
- If you don’t see the downloaded photos, restart your Windows 10 device and import them again.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Windows 10 build 14361 fixes YouTube render issues in Microsoft Edge and IE
- Clock and Calendar time format issues fixed in latest Windows 10 build
- Windows 10 Photos app gets better at handling mouse actions
- Krita 3.0 is an amazing free Windows 10 painting app, takes on Photoshop
A serial port can be useful, but some users reported Unable to open serial port message on their PC. This can be a big problem, […]
Most of us print documents frequently, but sometimes Operation on the printer is required message can appear and prevent you from printing. This can be […]