Microsoft just released a new update for its Movies & TV app for Windows 10 that lets users buy TV episodes directly from the app and adds some bug fixes and performance improvements. This is another handy update, after bringing movie recommendations, and improved downloads.
Before the update, users were redirected to the Windows Store if they wanted to buy an episode of a certain TV show. Now, along with the ability to purchase TV episodes directly from the app, the latest update also solved some minor issues that users previously faced. The highlight improvement of this update is the better handling of low disk space errors, as users should receive them less frequently.
Here’s the complete changelog of the latest update for Movies & TV Windows 10 app:
- “Buying subsequent TV episodes is now more streamlined
- Better handling of low disk space errors
- Minor fixes and improvements”
This update should be available to both Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile versions of Movies & TV app. If you haven’t already received the update, just head over to the Windows Store and check for updates. The update will then download and you’ll be able to purchase TV episodes directly from the app.
Microsoft introduced Movies & TV along with Windows 10 to serve as its default video player. However, Microsoft also wants it to be a distribution platform, as you can buy movies and TV show episodes from the app and access them on any Windows 10 device you own.
If you want to download the updated version of Movies & TV Windows 10 app, you can do so for free from the Windows Store.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Microsoft’s Health app now available for Surface and Windows 10 PC
- Microsoft’s CelebsLike.Me tells you which celebrity you most resemble
- Microsoft aiming to end terrorism on the web
- Here’s why Microsoft decided to release the Convenience Rollup for Windows 7