There are plenty of Internet browsers to choose from nowadays, but picking the right one can be difficult. Some may look for looks, others may be interested in response times, while others are just happy if it won’t burden their PC too much.
If you do find your dream browser, then it is a good idea to make it your default browser. That way, any link you may click will open in that particular browser, making navigation much easier.
However, some users have reported having problems when they try settings Google Chrome as their default browser.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome several times. Windows 10 used to let me use Chrome as default browser but now I cannot select anything for default. The icon keeps degrading which is when I uninstall and reinstall.
If you too are having this problem, continue reading this step-by-step guide that we’ve created in order to fix this problem.
How do I make Chrome my default browser?
1. Set is as default when you install it
After you download and install Chrome for the first time, you will be asked whether to make it your default browser. When that happens, choose yes.
If you missed out on that chance, you will receive a message whenever you open a Chrome tab, asking you whether you want to set it as your default browser.
2. Use Control Panel
- Press Windows + R
- Type in control.exe
- This will launch the Control Panel
- Go to Programs
- Select Default Programs
- Go to Set your default programs
- Under Web browser, click the icon, and then choose Chrome
3. Use Chrome’s browser settings
- Launch Google Chrome
- Click the 3 vertical dots in the top-right corner of the window
- Select Settings
- From the left pane, select Default browser
- Set Chrome as your default browser
By following each of these steps, you will be able to make Google Chrome your default Internet browser. Now all external links that will click will open in Chrome.
What other Internet browsers are you interested in making your default, but having trouble with?Let us know in the comment section below.
- How to fix Chrome VPN issues with these 6 steps
- How to fix Chrome’s ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND error
- Here’s how to fix Chrome bookmarks issues on your PC