- Windows 10 is a great OS that can be customized and personalized to the max.
- One of the best customization options is the ability to change the Start menu's color.
- You can change Windows 10's Start menu color via Settings, or you can install a different Windows theme with a built-in color.
Windows 10 has been a massive change applied by those from Microsoft, as this operating system has been developed especially for portable and touch-based devices.
Nonetheless, Windows 10 can be easily and safely used on desktops too, the firmware being stable and also smooth.
How can Windows 10 be customized?
The best part is that Windows 10 can be easily personalized and customized as there are several in-built features that can be used in that matter.
In Windows 10, we have new features that can be used in order to personalize the Start screen. For that matter, you can now easily change and personalize patterns, background, and accent colors right from your Start screen, without going to Desktop settings or to Taskbar and Navigation properties.
And if that isn’t enough, you can anytime download and install third-party apps and new Windows 10 themes in order to change the default Windows looks.
In this guide, we will show you how to change the color of the start button and menu in Windows 10 by using the default settings.
Don’t forget that you can do more by using dedicated tools which can be downloaded for free from Windows Store.
How can I change the color of Windows 10’s Start menu?
1. Use Settings to change the color
1. Press the Windows + I keys on your keyboard, and then choose Personalization from the menu that opens.
2. Navigate to the Colors section.
3. Choose an accent color from the list. You can also select an accent color manually by going to Recent colors or Windows colors, or click on Custom color for an even more detailed option.
4. Scroll down to Show accent color on the following surfaces and check the Start, taskbar, and action center box, as you can see in the screenshot below.
5. Close the Settings window.
If you want to change Windows 10’s Start menu color, you can easily do this via your device’s built-in Settings, without having to use any third-party app.
All you need to do is navigate to the Colors section, from which can set a new accent color to apply to your Start menu, taskbar and Action Center.
2. Install another Windows 10 theme
Another quick way to change the Start menu color is to simply install a different Windows 10 theme. There are plenty of themes available on Microsoft’s website.
Each different theme uses specific colors that apply to the Start button and menu as well.
We hope you managed to successfully change your Windows 10’s Start menu color following our guide. Let us know in the comments section below if you encountered any difficulties.