New Channel 9 Windows 10 UWP app lets you share videos with Cortana
The Channel 9 app is designed to help users of Microsoft products learn more about the company’s ecosystem through video materials that showcase Microsoft technologies and programs to the world. However, the Channel 9 app has been less popular to Windows users in recent months and in response, Microsoft redesigned the app specifically for Windows 10.
The new update for the Channel 9 service brings the app to the Universal Windows Platform with a modern design. It marks the first time that the app received an update since it launched in 2013 as a native app for Windows 8.
Here is the official announcement from Microsoft:
Today, we are announcing a new Channel 9 UWP App, which provides improved search experience for non-English users who accept Language-Enabled, and features such as pin your favorite shows and keep up to date with Live Tiles, cast and watch videos on other devices on the network, and share the videos using Windows 8 Charm.
Channel 9 now features an overhauled design and backend. The UWP application has also ditched both the dark theme support and custom accent colors, though it is now easier to access Channel 9 content.
Other new features include:
- A new tile layout: We want to keep the experience of Channel 9 consistent and familiar as our site so our videos are organized in similar categories in a tile layout.
- Cast videos to other networked devices: You can connect and watch videos on other networked devices.
- Share your videos using Windows 8 Charm: Share your videos with Cortana for a reminder, email your network about a video, keeping notes about a video in OneNote, or tweet an interesting video.
- Easy access to your favorite videos in the Queue.
- See all your downloaded Channel 9 videos.
The Channel 9 UWP app for Windows 10 is now available to download from the Microsoft Store for both Windows 10 PC and mobile devices.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- New File Explorer UWP app for Windows 10 on the horizon?
- How to block UWP apps in Windows 10
- Microsoft to fix Universal Windows Platform framerate limitations
Many users have reported Internet connection sharing error 1053 when trying to start the Internet Connection Sharing services (ICS). After our research regarding this error […]
According to some Reddit users, Windows 10 v1903 caused problems for .ogg extension files. In other words, they can’t play .ogg files on their computers […]
Many users complained on Reddit that Windows 10 v1903 update often gets stuck. One user says that is getting the What Needs Your Attention message. […]