Chess is a worldwide known board game, played by two opponents on a chessboard with specially designed pieces of contrasting colors, usually white and black.
It is one of the oldest strategy games, played by millions of people worldwide at home, in clubs, online, by correspondence, and in tournaments.
There are 6 types of chess pieces, one king, one queen, two rooks, two knights, two bishops, and eight pawns. Each of them move differently.
All the chess rules are published by the FIDE (International Federation of Chess) in the handbook of the game.
Quick tips to get better at chess
- 6 best software to analyze chess games
- The best chess software for Windows 10
- 5 cross-platform chess apps to play chess on any device
- Best free Chess apps for Windows 10 users
- 6 best chess training software for Windows PC
If you want to learn more about this great strategy game, don’t hesitate to visit our dedicated Chess section.