A computer icon refers to the small picture on a desktop or laptop screen, that is used as a link or shortcut to open a program, folder, or navigate to a location in the PC.
The icons are usually an intuitive image of the game, applications, or folder they represent. Additionally, there is a name displayed below, for better identification.
Icons were not developed at the same time with computers, but later. The first one that was based on GUI (graphical user interface) appeared in 1981.
Quick tips to fix computer icons issues
- Fix: Desktop icons not showing in Windows 10
- How to fix corrupted desktop icons in Windows 10
- Power icon disappears from Windows 10: Here’s how to restore it
- FULL FIX: Wi-Fi icon missing on Windows 10
- Windows 10 desktop icons too big/wide
If you are confronted with other issues with your icons, programs, or hardware on Windows 10, don’t hesitate to visit our comprehensive Troubleshooting Guides section.