Conan Exiles connects to the wrong server, patch is coming tomorrow
Servers for Conan Exiles have been giving both devs and gamers headaches lately. Recently, Conan Exiles devs decided to change the title’s official game servers due to quality issues and are looking for a new hosting partner with better hardware.
In the meantime, players are currently affected by a new server issue. More specifically, players using the Steam server view are being sent to the wrong server. They are asked to log in with a password, although the server is not password-protected, while others receive an “out of date” error message.
Here’s how Funcom describes this issue:
Right now we’re facing an issue where players using the Steam server view are being sent to the wrong server if their server shares the same IP address as another server. This may manifest in one of the following ways:
1) You are being asked for a password for a server that shouldn’t be password-protected
2) You are prompted with an ‘out of date’ error for a server that should be the correct version
3) You log in to a server you should have a character on, but end up having to roll a new one […]
Thank you all for your patience and support while we work to fix these issues. We’re working on a patch that should fix these connection issues and that should go out by tomorrow.
Funcom is working on a fix for this issue and in the meantime, players should stick to using the in-game browser to find games.
Also, when attempting to find the LAN server, you should already have the game client up before joining the server from the Steam server view.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Conan Exiles: How to set up your own private server
- Here’s how to fix common Conan Exiles issues
- Conan Exiles system requirements for Windows PCs
- Conan Exiles issues: Game crashes, lag, text box won’t scroll, and more
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]
Microsoft released a new Windows 7 update to the general public. Update KB4457139 is actually a preview of the upcoming monthly rollup update and allows users […]