ConEmu is a powerful, multi-tab Windows console emulator
ConEmu is a very powerful and reliable Windows console emulator that supports multiple consoles and third-party applications. This emulator allows you to easily switch from one console to another or from one app to another without opening them in separate windows.
ConEmu is an advanced console window allowing you to run any shell of your choice. However, it is not a shell, which means it doesn’t provide shell features such as remote access, tab-completion and so on.
ConEmu is highly-customizable and displays a configuration box when you launch it, allowing you to personalize core application features such as Far Manager plugins, the Start menu and desktop shortcuts.You can choose not to customize these feature and keep default parameters as this doesn’t influence the tool’s behavior in a negative way.
As far as the user interface itself, it resembles that of Command Prompt. The main difference, of course, is its ability to create new tabs for adding new console utilities. There are a series of predefined console tools listed for quick access, and you can add new ones as well.
At the same time, ConEmu has a very low impact on the processor and RAM. It is a very reliable tool; errors and crashes are extremely rare events when using this emulator. The tool is regularly updated and in the case bugs are detected, they are usually quickly fixed. Since this tool is very compact and rich in advanced settings, it is suitable for advanced users.
Other features include:
- Supports any shell
- Customizable progress bar
- Run old DOS applications in Windows 7 or 64-bit OS
- Show full output (1K+ lines) of last command in Far Manager’s editor/viewer
- Customizable Far Manager right click behaviour (long click opens context menu)
- Drag and drop (explorer style) of files and folders in Far Manager
You can download ConEmu for free from GitHub.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Remix OS Player is the most advanced Android emulator for Windows PCs
- 5 best iPhone & iPad emulators for Windows 10
- 8 Best Android Emulators for Windows 10 to Run Android Games & Apps