The Xbox One S is Microsoft’s newest console. It is an enhanced version of the Xbox One: It’s 40% slimmer, has an internal power brick, supports 4K and so much more. Unfortunately, using your Xbox One Kinect with an Xbox One S device is not that simple.
In this article, we’re going to list the steps necessary to connect an Xbox One Kinect Sensor to an Xbox One S console.
How to connect an Xbox One Kinect with an Xbox One S
1. First of all, you’ll need to buy an Xbox Kinect Adapter. This adapter lets you connect your Xbox One Kinect Sensor to the Xbox One S.
2. Set up the adapter
- Plug the wall plug into the power supply
- Insert the round connector of the power supply into the Kinect hub
- Insert the Kinect sensor cable into the Kinect hub
- Insert the USB cable into the Kinect hub
3. Connect the adapter to the Xbox One S console
- Insert the USB 3.0 cable into the left USB port labeled “Kinect” on the back of the console
- The Kinect sensor and Kinect Adapter shouldn’t be placed on top of the console
- On your console, go to the Guide and select Settings
- Select All settings > scroll down to Kinect & devices
- Select Kinect and follow the on-screen instructions
If your Kinect Sensor remains unresponsive, follow the troubleshooting steps listed below:
- Go to Settings > All settings > Kinect. Check the console settings and make sure the Kinect sensor is turned on.
- Power cycle your console. Sometimes you need to reset the connection between the sensor and the console.
- Make sure the connections of the sensor and adapter are firmly attached.
- Check the power supply of the adapter and make sure that the LED is lit.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT: