Contrast is a game released back in 2013 by Compulsion Games. Set in the 1920s, players step into the role of Dawn, the imaginary friend of a little girl named Didi. If you haven’t had the chance to play Contrast, now it’s the best time to purchase it since it’s being offered for $9.99, down from $14.99.
According to Compulsion Games, Contrast can also help you better understand the events that led up to We Happy Few.
Contrast was our first game and we hold it close to our heart. If you didn’t get a chance to play it, it’s a good way to understand what led up to We Happy Few and to take a glimpse into the Compulsion world.
Compulsion Games also released a standalone DLC for the game, which includes two items:
- Shadow Music – A Soundtrack to Contrast: Listen to the 16 original soundtracks featured in the game.
- Contrast Official Art Book: This art book highlights the background to the game, including its conception and production, official art, unused concept images, and the story behind the music and sound. The pictures of the team members who worked on the game are also available.
Experience and explore a surreal 1920s dreamscape a vaudevillian, film noir-inspired almost-reality. In a world full of performance, intrigue and deception, you play as Dawn, the imaginary friend of a little girl, Didi.
Every kid’s imaginary friend is special, and you have powers that no one else does – you can walk up to a lit wall, and become your shadow. You can shift in and out of your shadow, at any lit surface, to help Didi explore the mysteries surrounding her family.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- We Happy Few gameplay footage reveals interesting game details
- We Happy Few Game Preview for both Xbox One and PC lands on July 26 for $29.99
- Playdead’s indie game Inside can now be played on the Xbox One