Windows 10 update KB3176929 causes problems with Cortana
Microsoft released a new cumulative update for Windows 10 Preview a few hours before the Anniversary Update. And while we still don’t know what exactly was fixed in this patch, we noticed a few complaints from users about problems in Windows 10’s virtual assistant, Cortana.
A few users reported on Windows Central’s forums and reddit that KB3176929 causes various Cortana problems, mostly related to crashes.
“This update broke Cortana on my Surface 3. She’s still there on the Task Bar and she still opens but she can’t do anything. I hope they don’t roll out this release as the Anniversary Update and break Cortana for everyone.”
“This update broke Cortana for me. She is not working at all now. Host machine is effected but VM on the host updated just fine and Cortana still works.”
Since the Anniversary Update is still young, we don’t exactly if this issue remains for regular users who just updated these systems, as well. However, even though that Microsoft put a lot of effort in providing as stable update as possible, we’re sure some problems will eventually show up for some users.
The fact that Microsoft released a cumulative update in a minute before midnight just proves that there could be some more stability work to be done on the Anniversary Update. But no matter what, we’ll make sure to let you know about all reported problems, and try to solve as many of them as possible.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Windows 10 Anniversary Update FAQ: What you need to know for the rollout
- Download Ninja Cat Wallpaper for Windows 10 Anniversary Update
- Windows 10 Update History updated to show version 1607
- Anniversary Update stops Windows 10 Pro users from disabling ads
- Will I lose files when upgrading to Windows 10 Anniversary Update?
- Download Windows 10 Anniversary Update official ISO files