After the latest Windows 10 Preview builds were released, some Windows Insiders noticed Cortana received some interesting changes. According to them, some Windows Insiders had their search box moved to the top of Cortana’s box. At the same time, other users claim the search bar has either a glass-looking icon on its left side or a submit button to its right side. In addition, there are also versions of the search box that are either white or colored.
We’re not sure yet why Microsoft has taken this kind of approach since it is quite uncommon for a company like this to test multiple variants of a particular feature/application at the same time. At the same time, we’re not yet sure which group of Insiders will get which version of Cortana.
However, it seems that the guys from Inside Windows have figured out how you can change this by making some modifications to the registry. Here are the steps that you need to take in order to change the border color:
- Open the registry by pressing the Windows Key + R
- Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search\Flighting
- Here you will need to look for SearchBoxBorderColor and SearchBoxBorderThickness and change their value; for example, you can use the value FF995511 for SearchBoxBorderColor and value 5 for SearchBoxBorderColor and see if you like it.
If we will find more information about these changes, we will let you know!
Are you a Windows Insider and did you notice any of the changes that we’ve talked about in this article? What are your thoughts about the improvements Microsoft is bringing to Cortana and its search functions?
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Sticky Notes gets updated for Windows Insiders
- Windows 10 Preview build 14946 causes installation fails, Edge problems on Mobile, and more
- Cortana for Xbox One Preview now supports more languages
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.