Google is currently testing the tab grouping feature in Google Chrome. This feature is meant to offer a seamless experience while you are handling multiple tabs.
It means that the once the feature is publically released, the browser will make it easier for you to look for relevant tabs.
As mentioned earlier, this feature is currently in the testing process and tab grouping is by default disabled in the browser. However, if you are interested to play around with the feature, you can enable it manually.
At the time of writing this article, the feature is currently available only in the latest Chrome versions. Therefore, it is recommended that you download the latest browser version.
How to enable tab grouping feature in Google Chrome?
- Head towards the start menu and search for Google Chrome Canary browser. Click the first result from the list to launch it.
- Navigate to the address bar, type chrome://flags and hit the Enter key. You will be navigated to the advanced configuration page.
- Go to the search box available at the top of your screen and type Tab Groups to look for the respective flag.
- Alternatively, you can directly move to the flag by typing the following code in the address bar: chrome://flags/#tab-groups
- Now use the drop-down menu available in front of the flag and change its default state to Enabled. It will enable the tab groups functionality for you.
- You need to restart Google Chrome in order to save the settings. Click the Relaunch now button to relaunch the browser.
Now the tab grouping feature should be enabled in your Google Chrome. Remember that you can always disable the feature whenever you want.
Simply use the same drop-down menu to change the value to “Default” and relaunch Google Chrome.
The tab grouping feature should now be available in Google Chrome Canary. You will see that multiple web pages from a domain will now automatically appear in a single group.
Speaking of browsers, if you’re looking for a privacy-compliant browser, we recommend downloading UR Browser.
For more information about this browser solution, check out our in-depth review.
RELATED ARTICLES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Software that crashes Google Chrome [COMPLETE LIST]
- How can I enable Windows Spell Checker in Google Chrome?
- Windows 10 firewall blocking Google Chrome [GUARANTEED FIX]