Microsoft recently rolled out Windows 10 build 16215 for PC, bringing tons of new features to the table.
New UI for Start & Action Center with Fluent Design elements
Action Center got its new looks based on user feedback. In addition, you can customize visible quick actions by heading to Settings > System > Notifications & Actions.
Here are the improvements:
- In the case you have transparency enabled for Start, you’ll see that it’s updated to use the acrylic design.
- There are no more glitches at the bottom of the frame and the frame also resizes horizontally and diagonally. All you have to do it grip the edge and start resizing.
- You can now transition into tablet mode much smoother than before.
Microsoft Edge Improvements
- Microsoft brought back pinned sites.
- Microsoft Edge comes with a brand new full-screen experience. Press F11 or choose the Full-Screen new icon from Settings.
- Edge has the new ability to annotate EPUB Books by highlighting in four colors, adding comments, and underlining.
- There are more PDF improvements for Microsoft Edge such as more highlight colors and the option to Ask Cortana in PDFs.
- Edge’s splash page is improved and color transition smoother.
- There’s a new option to ‘Add tab to favorites’ to create a Favorites folder.
- Edge now features a smoother animation for new tabs.
- Session restore behavior is improved.
- Cortana reminders have been boosted to the higher level via visual intelligence.
- Cortana can prompt you to create a reminder when she sees event posters in the camera roll.
- Screenshotting a future event will prompt the AI to ask you if you want to create a reminder for it.
- Cortana offers you the lasso tool to circle relevant information and she’ll keep track of future events on your screen, even suggesting follow-ups.
The Windows 10 Insider build 16215 was nicknamed by Microsoft the #TacoHat Thursday build. Get the complete list of information and details here.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT: