- After months of testing it, Google is finally rolling out the dark theme for Search on Windows 10 and macOS.
- Android was the first to benefit from the dark mode theme, and it's been introduced last year.
- The dark mode theme is not yet available for everyone and it may take a few weeks before everyone can benefit from it.
- Users can easily turn the dark theme on or off by using the toggle button located in the top right corner of the browser.
The dark theme for Google Search is finally out of testing and it will begin to roll out for all Windows 10 and macOS device users.
The social media consultant Matt Navarra, spotted that the Google Search dark theme is now slowly beginning to make its way and become available for all users.
First Google introduced a dark theme for Search on Android and shortly after it began testing a system-wide dark theme for desktop Search.
Google Search dark theme
The appearance of the Dark Theme is now available notification in Google Search for the web will let users know that they have access to this feature.
Although the feature has started to roll out, it is important to keep in mind that it may take a few weeks at least until it reaches all users.
How do I activate the dark theme in Google Search?
In case you have received the dark theme notification, here are the steps you need to follow in order to enable it:
- Open Google Search on your current browser.
- Locate the Settings button and click on it.
- Next, select Search Settings.
- Now locate the Appearances section and tap on it.
- Finally, select the dark theme to enable it.
There you go, there are the steps you need to make in order to activate the dark theme on your browser, as soon as it becomes available.
Have you already enabled it on your device? If so, what are your thoughts about it?
As always, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment in the dedicated section below, we would love to read them.