- DayZ is a hardcore online game that you can play with your friends or complete strangers to survive a zombie invasion in a post-apocalyptic world.
- Many players report high ping when playing DayZ, which can be fatal when considering they have to start from scratch with each death. But a VPN fixes this.
- If you have any issues with your VPN, visit our VPN Troubleshooting Hub.
- To find out more tips and tricks, bookmark our Gaming VPN section.
DayZ is one of the most challenging open-world survival games you’ll ever find on Steam. Set in a post-apocalyptic world, you must fight other players and zombies to survive a harsh environment, make alliances, be kind or cruel, and do everything you can to stay alive.
If you die in DayZ, you lose all your possessions and must start from the beginning because there are no saves. The hardcore game is quite elaborate, having crafting, hunting, building, and resource management features.
You can play DayZ online with friends or strangers. Unfortunately, many players report significant lags that prevent them from enjoying the game. And, when we’re talking about a game like DayZ where you respawn from the beginning with each death, it becomes critical to eliminate any delays.
Luckily, you can solve your problems by using a VPN to improve ping. You just need a VPN service that equips you with many servers and which focuses on speed. Besides, a VPN can also protect you from DDoS attacks.
What are the best VPNs for DayZ?
If you’re looking for the best DayZ VPN, pick Private Internet Access. Developed by Kape Technologies, PIA can reduce ping and delays while you’re playing DayZ, so that you can focus on surviving in the game.
PIA has an impressive network of servers to make sure that you will always get the best possible speed during gameplay. You can connect up to 10 devices from the same PIA account.
What PIA offers:
- +3,200 servers in 46 countries
- Exclusive DNS servers to keep you safe
- Work with Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS, Chrome, Firefox, Opera
- Strict no-logging policy
30-day money-back guarantee (no free trial)
Private Internet AccessDon't exit DayZ because of lags when you can eliminate them with PIA.
When using CyberGhost VPN, you can connect from up to 7 devices at once. Besides, it’s the only free VPN for DayZ on this list, and it’s compatible with many platforms.
What CyberGhost VPN offers:
- +6,400 servers in 89 countries
- Private DNS to guard your DNS requests
- Made for Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS, Chrome, Firefox, Opera
- No identifying logs
- 45-day money-back guarantee (1-day free trial, no credit card)
CyberGhost VPNImprove your ping and reduce lag when playing DayZ with your friends.
Created by Tefincom & Co., S.A., NordVPN has something that the other two VPN apps on this list don’t: obfuscation mode. Several DayZ users have reported that they got kicked out of the game for using a VPN service.
However, if you pick NordVPN, you can obfuscate VPN traffic to hide the fact that you are using VPN. So, if you get kicked by the admin in DayZ for using a VPN or proxy, try NordVPN.
The downside is that it requires more bandwidth to encrypt VPN traffic, which negatively affects your connection speed. It allows 6 simultaneous connections.
What you should know about NordVPN:
- +5,400 VPN servers in 59 countries
- Custom DNS servers
- Works with Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS, Chrome, Firefox, Opera
- Zero-logging policy
- 30-day money-back guarantee (no free trial)
NordVPNHide the fact that you are using VPN to circumvent VPN blocks while playing DayZ.
DayZ is a one-of-a-kind game that deserves your undivided attention. It’s incredibly challenging and satisfying to play. However, high ping definitely takes away from it, especially because you can’t risk dying in the game due to a technicality.
However, the three VPN solutions above should help you overcome this issue. Private Internet Access is the best DayZ VPN thanks to its superior speed and large network of servers. CyberGhost VPN is also a great choice. Meanwhile, NordVPN is ideal for getting rid of the please remove VPN/proxy error in DayZ.
FAQ: Learn more about DayZ and VPN
- Is DayZ free to play?
No, DayZ isn’t free, but it occasionally becomes free to play. Keep an eye out for Steam special events.
- Is DayZ cross-platform?
Yes, DayZ is cross-platform. It’s available on Windows PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox.
- How to use a VPN for DayZ?
Begin by setting up a VPN on your PC. If you want to take our advice, download PIA. Then, simply connect to a VPN server located in the same country as the DayZ game server.