Destiny 2 fails to install or launch for some Xbox players in Australia
Destiny 2 finally made its highly anticipated debut on the Xbox One. Bungie announced that instead of releasing the game globally, for all regions at once, Destiny 2 will become available gradually, depending on your time zone. So, you’ll get the game when it’s 12 AM on 6th September in your country.
However, even though players in Australia should have got the game among first in the world, there are numerous reports on Bungie forums saying that players in this region are either unable to download the game or launch it.
Here’s what some of the players said on the forums:
- “I’m i the only one on xbox who trys to start up destiny 2 and gets a message saying to play this you’ll need to buy it”, says AJGaming LOL 5
- “Very frustrating at the moment as Iam in Australia and destiny 2 should’ve been working by now. Now Iam stuck waiting while the game launches for other regions when it shouldve been good to go by now for me… all i get is a redirect to destiny 2 store page and a prompt telling me its too early to play on xbox one. Also the redirect states the preorder releasing 19/09/17. Iam in Australia so I should’ve been playing the game by now… Really disappointed,” says CiyborgCommando
Bungie customer support has tried with various ‘general’ suggestions, like updating the console, resetting Xbox Licences, and so on. But apparently, none of them seems to work for players.
For now, we don’t know what exactly causes this issue, and therefore the concrete solution is still a mystery. However, since there are more than a few reports of this kind on the forums, we’re sure Bungie will soon acknowledge the issue, and resolve it. Hopefully.
Have you purchased Destiny 2 yet? Are you experiencing any issues? Let us know in the comments below.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Mouse and keyboard coming to Xbox One! Is it fair for the players?
- Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition might arrive with a few issues
- Final Fantasy XV: Here’s what the future holds for the game
- Final Fantasy 15 Assassin’s Creed DLC is now available for download
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]