New OneDrive ads in Windows 10 File Explorer can be turned off
One thing all computer users have grown to despise is ads, and the fact that they’ve have begun to pop up in Windows 10 hasn’t gone well with its users. In fact, more and more Windows 10 users are becoming irritated with Microsoft’s aggressive promotion schemes as of late.
A new ad trend is driving Windows users mad
In the File Explorer section of the operating system, Microsoft implemented a number of ads that look to lure people into buying various Microsoft products or services. The latest wave of these promotional messages found in File Explorer advertise OneDrive cloud storage service.
By offering users what seems to be a good deal, Microsoft is looking to score some more customers by blatantly displaying ads inside the OS.
How to safely disable ads in File Explorer
Here is how the ads can be dealt with:
- Navigate to the Start menu. From there, they must search for the options section for File Explorer.
- Once the File Explorer settings have been found, users need to access that section and further navigate to View Tab.
- In View Tab, there should be an option saying Show Sync Provider Notifications. Disabling this option should also yield the same effect regarding the OneDrive ads that keep popping up in File Explorer.
OneDrive isn’t the only service that has been advertised by Microsoft in its own File Explorer. There were also ads for Office 365 which prompted users to subscribe to it for more benefits in other sections of the OS. Needless to say, users were as happy about it then as they are now, which is not very happy at all.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Stream now your Plex media from OneDrive, Dropbox or Google Drive
- Microsoft’s OneDrive adds spam File Explorer: Here’s how to get rid of them
- OneNote for Windows 10 now lets you graph math equations
Can’t enjoy the Netflix app on your Windows 10 PC due to There was a problem connecting to Netflix error? Worry not, we got solutions […]
Recently, many users reported Sorry something went wrong Instagram error. This error can be quite problematic since you won’t be able to sign-in to Instagram […]
Many Blu-ray discs have a regional block that can prevent most devices in other regions from playing the content from these discs. Put simply, this […]