Windows 10 Anniversary Update prevents disabling Tips & Tricks
Windows 10 tips, tricks and suggestions can be really useful to new users of the system. On the other hand, those already familiar with Windows 10 are sometimes annoyed by constant pop-ups. Up until the Anniversary Update, Windows 10 users were able to turn off Windows 10 Tips and Tricks using the Group Policy Editor, but that won’t be the case anymore.
Microsoft recently announced it would introduce some restrictions to Windows 10’s Group Policy Editor with the Anniversary Update. These changes will affect only users of Windows 10 Pro version, preventing them from performing certain actions including disabling Windows 10 Tips. Those running Enterprise and Education SKU versions will still be able to turn off Windows Tips.
However, unlike the case of turning off Windows Store apps where Windows 10 Pro users simply can’t do anything, in the case of Windows Tips there’s something that can be done to at least limit the number of tips: Set the Telemetry level to Basic or below. If you don’t know how to do that, follow these instructions:
- Go to Search, type group policy editor, and open Group Policy Editor
- Go to: Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Data Collection and Preview Builds > Allow Telemetry
- Enable Telemetry, and set its level to Basic
After performing this, you’ll still see various tips about Windows 10 and its features, but less frequently.
What do you think about the revamped Group Policy Editor in Windows 10 Pro? Are these tips and tricks annoying to you, as well? Tell us in the comments below!
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- What to expect from Microsoft Edge in the Anniversary Update for Windows 10
- How to get Windows 10 for free after July 29
- Windows 10 Anniversary Update comes with improvements to the Action Center
- Windows 10 Anniversary Update brings accessibility improvements
Wearing fashionable sweaters is no big deal during winters, but wearing an ugly sweater is. Yes, the trend of ugly Christmas sweaters is back. The […]
AirPlay media streaming enables you to stream content from an iPhone or iPad to Mac OS X desktop or laptop. This media streaming, otherwise mirroring, projects […]