- Today, January 4th, 2021, Discovery's long-awaited video streaming service discovery+ starts rolling out globally.
- Reportedly the U.S. launch of discovery+ will feature the richest library of content for a new streaming service.
- Visit our News Hub and keep yourself to date with the latest developments in the world of tech.
- Check out our dedicated Video Streaming section for the latest news and awesome guides.
For those of you who were eagerly expecting discovery+, the wait has come to an end.
Starting today, the 4th of January 2021, the long-awaited streaming service is now largely available.
Not yet available for everyone
The official announcement could be a bit misleading for some, given that it mentions a global launch of the service.
In fact, the discovery+ website itself mentions that the app can be only accessed from the US (and certain US territories), for now.
The announcement, on the other hand, casually mentions some other regions, such as the UK, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, the Nordics, and India, as being targeted by the global rollout.
However, the hype seems to be all around the US launch, which led us to believe that the service will focus, at least temporarily, around this region.
discovery+ U.S. launch will feature the largest-ever content library for a new streaming service: more than 55,000 episodes from Discovery’s iconic brands, the BBC’s Natural History collection, A&E Networks, Group Nine and moreDiscovery Corporate News
Largest new streaming service library
Reportedly, the US launch of discovery+ will boast the richest library of content for a new streaming service.
The library sees more than 55,000 episodes of BBC’s Natural History collection, but also Discovery shows, and content from Group Nine and A&E Networks.
More so, the US version of the service will have various exclusive originals from storytellers such as David Schwimmer, Kevin Hart, Will Packer, Chip and Joanna Gaines, Bobby Flay and Giada De Laurentiis, and Sir David Attenborough.
Partnership with Verizon
Verizon customers may receive discovery+ for free as part of a partnership between the two companies.
New and existing customers who chose select Verizon plans could not only enjoy fast 5G Internet, but also up to 12 months of discovery+.
The offers are as follows:
- Play More & Get More Unlimited plans – 12 months of discovery+ for free
- Start & Do More Unlimited plans – 6 months of discovery + for free
What do you think about discovery+? Tell us all about it in the comments section below: