Disk partitioning refers to the process of creating separate logical sections or segments on a physical hard disk drive as if there were multiple storage units.
Usually, partitioning the HDD is performed as a step in the operating system installation. However, it can also be done later, using dedicated software.
For Windows OS, the first default partition is C drive, where the system is installed. All of them can be seen and managed from the built-in Disk Management tool.
Quick tips about disk partitions
- 8 best disk management tools for Windows 10
- 5 Best Partition Formatting Software For Windows 10 PCs
- An error occurred while partitioning the disk in Boot Camp
- Unable to install Windows on dynamic disk partition? Try this
- Best partition manager software for Windows 10
If you want to learn more about how to manage your computer HDD and other components, don’t hesitate to visit our Tools & Utilities section.