- Disney Plus is one of the biggest streaming services in the US, offering its users a wide range of viewing options.
- Even though this service isn't available in a lot of regions of the world, good VPN software can make a huge difference.
- If your current VPN doesn't work with Disney Plus, consider using a different, more capable one.
- Switching to a supported location on your VPN or clearing your browser cache can also resolve this problem.
Disney Plus has found its calling in the streaming world after a successful launch last November, so it’s natural to want a piece of the pie too. What can you do though when Disney Plus is not working with VPN? Keep on reading to find a solution.
While many subscribers are disappointed that titles have already started to be removed from the service, fans all over the world still praise the range of Disney Plus content.
So whether you’re a Star Wars fan or simply eager to watch the best classic Simpsons episodes again, using a VPN should break any region-locking boundaries.
Some users have reported success when activating a VPN and then accessing Disney Plus, while others are still struggling to complete the task.
If you’re one of them too, take immediate action.
What can I do if Disney Plus is not working with VPN?
1. Use a different VPN
When it comes to the best VPN for Windows 10 then there are several that come to mind, since many of them do a very good job
A lot of them come with a user-friendly interface, high-speed VPN servers, and military-grade encryption.
Some even come with security features that you cannot find in Windows 10, including a fantastic switch that cuts off Internet access in case the VPN connection drops, to protect you from IP leaks.
Private Internet Access
If your current VPN is causing issues with Disney+, then maybe its time to change it with PIA!
2. Switch the supported location
Disney has planned a worldwide roll-out over the next two years, but it could take a long time for the service to become available in your country. VPN is the current solution to stream your favorite Disney Plus content anywhere in the world where Disney Plus hasn’t reached yet.
Disney Plus uses geolocation technology to track IP addresses, so it knows where you are. If you’re outside of the accessible countries, you won’t be able to stream unless hiding your location.
However, Disney Plus might remain unavailable even if you try to access it with a VPN. You’ve most likely downloaded and signed up for a VPN. Then, you’ve opened the app to sign in with your credentials.
After connecting to a server in a supported country you’ve visited the Disney Plus website up. You cannot complete the procedure without a payment method that’s linked to an address in a country where this service is already available.
Finally, trying to play a video on Disney Plus should work. If not, keep in mind that Disney is blocking VPNs, so you might need to switch locations a few times till one works.
3. Clear your browser’s cookies
If pressing Play makes no difference and the error message Something went wrong. Please try again. If the problem persists, visit the Disney Plus Help Center (Error Code 83) pops up, then clear your browser’s cookies.
Finally, refresh the page and confirm that the issue is fixed.
4. Characteristics to look for on your VPN
If this doesn’t happen, the fault is with the VPN service that you’re trying to use. Choosing a VPN with servers in one of the five Disney locations isn’t enough.
VPNs are different. For instance, some prioritize strong encryption and privacy features above all else, while others claim to offer real-time malware protection or unbeatable speed.
To find a new VPN for Disney Plus, pay attention to these factors:
- It can easily unblock other streaming services from anywhere abroad.
- It offers high-speed connections.
- Has unlimited bandwidth to ensure HD/4K streaming with no buffering or lag.
- Uses strong military-grade encryption, with no IP address leaks.
- Provides apps for all majors platforms of the moment, including Windows, Mac OS, iOS, Android, Android TV, and more.
Have you managed to enjoy fast streaming anywhere in the world with the help of a VPN? If you have other questions or suggestions, don’t hesitate to sound off in the comments area below.