- Dota 2 is one of the most popular games you can play on Steam for free. You team up with 3 other players and try to destroy a large structure defended by the enemy team.
- If you're experiencing lags, delays, and connection hiccups when playing Dota 2, you can use a fast VPN tool. Discover the best VPN apps.
- Visit our Dota 2 Hub to discover more ways to improve your gaming experience.
- Check out our Gaming VPN section to do more with your virtual private network solution.
Dota 2 is a popular MOBA (multiplayer online battle arena) game that you can play on Steam for free. By joining a team with four other players, you must attack and destroy a large structure defended by another team.
You can play Dota 2 on multiple servers, but you might experience lagging from time to time. When this happens, you can use a VPN to improve ping and, ultimately, your gameplay.
It can be challenging to find the right VPN for Dota 2, but we’re here to set you on the right part. Below you can find the top 3 VPN services you can use to play Dota 2 and reduce ping. If you’re looking for a Dota Underlords VPN tool, you should also stick around.
Private Internet Access (PIA) is one of the fastest VPN apps you can use to play Dota 2. Created by Kape Technologies, PIA has an excellent reputation in the gaming community when it comes to improving ping. It’s one of the best VPNs for LAN gaming.
You just have to connect to a VPN server and then log into your Dota 2 account and start playing. What Private Internet Access does is reroute your traffic to its servers, which are closer to the Dota 2 servers.
PIA’s key features:
- +3,200 VPN servers in 46 countries
- Allows 10 simultaneous connections
- Works with Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS, Chrome, Firefox, Opera
- 30-day money-back guarantee (no free trial)
Private Internet Access
Reduce ping and play Dota 2 at the best possible speed using this VPN solution.
CyberGhost VPN is also a virtual private network service owned by Kape Technologies. It’s the only free VPN for Dota 2 on this list. You can use it to reduce your ping and play Dota 2 with VPN, without having to worry about delays and other connection hiccups.
Once you identify the perfect VPN server for Dota 2, you can instruct CyberGhost VPN to connect to it as soon as you launch the game. The app doesn’t collect any identifying logs. Also, it’s one of the best VPNs for the Dota 2 SEA server.
CyberGhost VPN’s key features:
- +6,400 VPN servers in 89 countries
- Allows 7 simultaneous connections
- Works with Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, Android, Chrome, Firefox
- 45-day money-back guarantee (1-day free trial)
Speed up your Internet connection when playing Dota 2 on Steam using this VPN.
BullGuard VPN is another great VPN for Dota 2. Developed by BullGuard, this virtual private network solution can help improve your ping time while playing Dota 2 and any other game on Steam.
It recommends the quickest VPN server based on your current location. Although it doesn’t have an impressive network of servers like the other two VPN apps on this list, BullGuard VPN is one of the fastest VPN apps.
BullGuard VPN’s key features:
- +2,000 servers in 16 countries
- Allows 6 simultaneous connections
- Works with Windows, macOS, Android, iOS
- 30-day money-back guarantee (no free trial)
Play Dota 2 without having to worry about high ping and slow Internet, thanks to this VPN app.
Taking everything into account, you can play Dota 2 with VPN to improve your ping and speed up your Internet connection. You just need to take some time and explore multiple VPN servers until you find the best one for your current location and preferred game server on Dota 2.
The three VPN services on this list are the best in the business, and you shouldn’t stumble upon any problems. If you do, however, don’t worry since you can easily repair VPN errors and go back to enjoying Dota 2.
FAQ: Learn more about Dota 2 and VPN
- How to play Dota on another server using VPN?
It’s easy: connect to a VPN server, log into your Dota account, and connect to the preferred Dota server.
- Is VPN allowed on Dota 2?
There are no rules against using VPN services to improve your ping on Dota 2. However, it’s not allowed to use VPN apps for other purposes, like trying to get better deals on Steam.
- Can VPN reduce ping in Dota 2?
Yes, you can significantly reduce ping when you play Dota 2 with VPN. You just need to connect a VPN server that’s closer to the Dota 2 game server.
- Why can’t I update Dota 2 without using VPN?
Dota 2 may have released an update that’s not currently available in your region but which becomes available when you connect to a VPN server included in that particular region. Or perhaps your ISP is throttling your bandwidth. Find out how to fix frequent Dota 2 issues.
- Which server to connect in VPN when playing Dota?
Connect to a VPN server from the same region as your Dota game server. For example, if you live in Europe but play on a US server, connect to a US VPN server.