Torrex app makes downloading torrents on Xbox a reality
It is quite difficult to download torrents on the Xbox Store right now, but that doesn’t mean it is impossible. Thanks to Microsoft’s Universal Windows Platform, more applications will soon be available for the Xbox One console.
There were rumors which suggested that Torrex Pro would be coming to the Xbox One after the Anniversary Update. It seems these rumors were right, as the application was spotted in the Xbox One’s store. According to reports, Torrex for the Xbox One is not yet optimized for the Xbox controller but was instead developed with the help of a mouse emulator.
It seems the same team will also release a browser for the Xbox One in order to work around a limitation in Microsoft Edge that prevents users from opening .torrent files and magnet links. Unfortunately, the Torrex Beta is not ready yet, but will be released for all Xbox users sometime soon.
You can already join the Torrex Beta by downloading and installing Torrex Pro or Torrex Live apps and then sending your Microsoft account details to the Torrex team at email@example.com. Once you do this, the team will give you the beta key and let you try it out on various Windows 10 devices.
Here are some features Torrex comes on Windows 10
- Background downloads on Windows PC
- Streaming: you can immediately start to watch a movie or listen to music without waiting for download completion
- Built-in player: you can watch the downloaded media content without switching to another application
- Download any torrent file
- Download magnet links
- Background music playback
- Snapped mode on PC
- Share contract
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Windows 10 Groove UWP app is now available on the Xbox Store
- Windows 10 Anniversary Update has Antivirus-related issues
- Windows 10 build 14915 causes Wi-Fi connection failure on some Surface devices
There’s no denying that Power BI offers a lot of features. Still, many users need even more functions. For example, people want to disable all […]
If you find that SharePoint keeps asking you for your password whenever you try to use it, you are not the only one encountering this […]