Download VLC Desktop for Windows 10, 8.1, 7 [Latest Version]
I know most of our Windows users like having the VLC multimedia player around and for a good reason. This platform offers a large amount of accessible multimedia files, as well as the DVD’s readings, audio CD’s, VCD’s extensions and many other streaming protocols.
The latest version available on the market for free is the 3.0.3 VLC version for Windows operating systems. One of the best features in this new version is the faster decoding time on multi-core– test it for yourself.
So, let’s take a look at the available features in the VLCDesktop application and see what’s new in this version. Read this review all the way to the end to find the link which you can access in order to install the latest VLC Desktop version.
Download VLC Desktop 3.0.3
The video features available in VLC 3.0.3
- The VLC app brings us with this new version some new video outputs for the Windows 7, OS/2, Android and last but not least the compatibility with iOS platforms.
- It also has a “shader” support for the OpenGL outputs and also for “colorspace” conversion.
- A high variety of anti-flickering and debanding filters available.
The Audio features available in the latest VLC version:
- In the audio features VLC includes resamplers for higher quality audio output.
- Karaoke filters and a dynamic range compressor.
- As posted above it has the feature for new audio outputs like iOS, Android and even OS/2.
- Faster processing of the audio outputs that are made by simplifying the audio core of the application is another useful option available in VLC 2.0
The devices and inputs for this application are many in number but I will enumerate just a few that many of our users probably need:
- BluRay discs.
- Support for a SDI capture cards if needed.
- Support for QTKit devices if you have any that you want to use.
The VLC 3.0.3 version also provides support for MxPEG files, streams as well as a more customizable menu for the Mac OS X operating system. Also a large variety of fixes for HTTP Live streaming, “CDDB”, “UDP/RPT” support and a great improvement in bug fixes on the”MKV” support subject.
VLC is one of the few media players that support absolutely all the file formats our there. So, if your default player could not render a particular format, go ahead and install VLC Desktop on your Windows computer and you’ll be able to play the respective file.
Here is the complete list of supported media file formats:
- MPEG-1/2, DivX (1/2/3/4/5/6), MPEG-4 ASP, XviD, 3ivX D4, H.261, H.263 / H.263i, H.264 / MPEG-4 AVC, Cinepak, Theora, Dirac / VC-2, MJPEG (A/B), WMV 1/2, WMV 3 / WMV-9 / VC-1, Sorenson 1/3, DV, On2 VP3/VP5/VP6, Indeo Video v3 (IV32), Real Video (1/2/3/4).
- MPEG Layer 1/2, MP3 – MPEG Layer 3, AAC – MPEG-4 part3, Vorbis, AC3 – A/52, E-AC-3, MLP / TrueHD>3, DTS, WMA 1/2, WMA 3, FLAC, ALAC, Speex, Musepack / MPC, ATRAC 3, Wavpack, Mod, TrueAudio, APE, Real Audio, Alaw/µlaw, AMR (3GPP), MIDI, LPCM, ADPCM, QCELP, DV Audio, QDM2/QDMC, MACE.
- DVD, Text files (MicroDVD, SubRIP, SubViewer, SSA1-5, SAMI, VPlayer), Closed captions, Vobsub, Universal Subtitle Format (USF), SVCD / CVD, DVB, OGM, CMML, Kate.
- ID3 tags, APEv2, Vorbis comment.
So, if this version got your attention, access the link below and install VLC to try it for yourself.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Fix: VLC media player lagging in Windows 10
- The best cross-platform media players to use
- Download Kodi Media Player on Windows 10
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in December 2014 and has been since updated for freshness, and accuracy.
Installing Android drivers on a PC should be a walk in a park. You connect your handset with the PC via the USB cable and, […]
Do you have NOX installed on your PC? Are you experiencing any form of lag while running it? This article is specially designed for you! […]
Do you have ExpressVPN installed on your PC? Do you encounter connection problems after an update? This guide will help you out. Here, we’ll be […]