Download Windows 10 Anniversary Update SDK to submit apps to Windows Store
The Windows 10 Anniversary Update SDK will definitely make many developers happy. The update brings the long-awaited Visual Studio 2015 Update 3 as well improved APIs that make it easier than ever for devs to create more natural ways of app interaction.
The Windows 10 Anniversary Update SDK makes Windows more open for all developers by providing them with the tools they need to create better Windows apps. At the same time, Redmond hopes that devs will make Windows their home, no matter what platform they build for.
Windows 10 was the start of the journey. Join us for the next phase of the evolution of software: apps that you talk to, apps that can see you and recognize you, apps that understand you. Developers like you will bring software to the next level of sophistication, and we’ll give you the tools to get started.
Microsoft supports cross-platform app development solutions with the help of three tools:
- Desktop Bridge, also known as Project Centennial: Millions of developers using Win32 and .NET are now able to modernize their existing apps and access the benefits of the Universal Windows Platform and the Windows Store.
- Bash Shell on Windows: Devs can now download Canonical’s Bash shell directly from the Windows Store to natively run native Bash and GNU/Linux command-line tools directly on the new Windows Subsystem for Linux.
- Improved Tools and Bridges for iOS and Android Developers: Xamarin tools are now built-in into Visual Studio. Also, the Windows Bridge for iOS allows iOS developers to bring Objective-C code into Visual Studio and compile it into a UWP app.
Microsoft hopes the new tools will make Windows more popular among developers. After all, the Windows ecosystem is thriving, with more than 350 million monthly active users waiting to get their hands on the new apps.
You can download the Anniversary Update SDK from Microsoft’s page.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Tower Git beta client now available for Windows developers
- Microsoft claims developers can release Project Scorpio-only games
- Microsoft releases 2016 edition of Windows developer virtual machines
The reception desk is the face and voice of any organization. An automated receptionist software simplifies the entire process of visitor management. Whether it’s the customer, […]
Whether you use web-based email services or desktop email clients to manage your account, emails are used for business and personal communication by almost everyone. […]