- DVD authoring as well as DVD copy protection are one of the most important finalizing steps during post-production
- For a smooth experience you will a need software that can perform authoring as well as editing, here's our top list.
- To learn more about similar tools, visit our Video Software Hub.
- If expert lists are what you are interested in, then go visit our much larger Software section.
While we don’t know what Bombono means, we know what it can deliver, and it’s good! Bombono DVD authoring software is made for personal computers, and it comes with an easy and clean user interface.
Features include a great video viewer with a timeline and monitor, a WYSIWYG menu editor, live thumbnails, drag and drop support, transcoding from different file formats such as AVI, MOV, MPEG4 and many others.
It also has subtitles support motion menus, plus you can create an ISO image or burn your videos directly to the disc. You can also import videos from discs. Enjoy free tech support via email and free updates and bug fixes with this tool.
This is an open-source, modern and cross platform DVD authoring software that helps you create simple but professional video content.
With this, you can create a DVD in any supported format, create menus, directional buttons, videos with chapters, and also set the sections in the videos that will play.
You can also edit and generate DVDs from any operating system such as Windows, create static menus with any audio you want, use animated menus, use the internal converter for any video file format, and set chapter marks on the timeline, set segmented pieces of the video, and even set background images or videos.
Other features include adjusting color and opacity or highlighting the buttons, and set video resolution.
This DVD authoring software lets you create your DVDs and Blu-ray discs with just a few clicks. Its features include burning videos to discs and Blu-ray discs, full compatibility with Windows 10, drag and drop functionality, support for most major formats including AVI, MP4, MPG, MPEG, 3GP, WMV, HD MOV, HD WMV, MTS, and HD MKV among many others. use its built-in editor to add editing effects such as rotation, cropping, and trimming of video files, adding images and watermarks for identification, photo transition and adding of background music effects.
It comes with 40 free static and dynamic DVD menu templates, plus you can preview and burn your DVDs and Blu-ray discs superfast. This tool is secure, comes with 24/7 tech support any time of night or day, and a money-back guarantee with a free trial.
After purchase, you are also covered by the 30-day guarantee.
With this DVD authoring software, you can create backups of your video content, protect your vital information, author DVDs superfast, and even create ISO images of any DVD or CD.
It is 100% safe, and lets you create discs that play instantly, read and convert most major video formats, choose different video quality and audio encoding formats, burn audio or video discs, copy and erase instantly, write on discs such as CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, DVD-RAM, and DVD+RW. It also supports DVD=R Dual layer format and double layer.
You can automatically verify data after burning, burn other discs while working on other programs, and is lightweight and super easy to use. It is available as an open source tool but only supports Windows OS currently.
This DVD authoring software touts itself as the ultimate in video editing tools. Newly added features include complete 360 degree editing, support for portrait videos, enhanced stop motion animation, effects to selected areas with masks, layer effects, playing with speed and reverse clips effects.
With this tool, you can be as creative as you want and express your creativity with over 2000 customizable effects, with HD precision editing, 4K editing, intuitive workflow from templates to timeline editing, and get support for popular video formats.
This award winning software lets you combine photos, videos and audio, add effects, enhance your graphics and clips, customize effects, create high quality videos, and still share on social media or burn to discs. It is easy to use, and supports the latest technologies.
What to consider when looking for the best DVD authoring software to use
Before you decide on a DVD authoring software to use, here are some factors that will help you make an informed decision:
- Editing tools: look for DVD authoring software that provide more than just authoring tools, but also editing tools and others you can use such as chapter breaks, surround quality sound, and user friendly menus.
- DVD burning options: a good DVD authoring software will include the option to burn your videos to a DVD disc, besides authoring and editing tools.
- Ease of use and fast delivery: this is an important feature especially if you’re a novice or you want to build a DVD from scratch. The process can be tedious, daunting, and time consuming, so a good DVD authoring software will make everything easy and the interface will be friendly for you to use its tools and features without stress.
- Built-in tutorials: these are necessary especially where you need to understand something. If you find a DVD authoring software that has tutorials in the interface, it’s a taker.
- Free trials: most DVD authoring software have free trials so you can check out its features and use the limited set of tools to help you make your decision. If you like the specific one you’ve chosen based on the free trial experience, download or buy it and get creative.
FAQ regarding DVD authoring software
- What is DVD authoring software?
DVD authoring software lets you combine images, text, music, animation and other features into raw format that can be played on any DVD reader or streaming device.
- What is the best DVD Creator software?
We recommend Adobe Premiere Elements as the best DVD creator software due to an easy to navigate interface, ability to sort and tag your files as well as ton of smart features and suggestions during the editing process. It is also capable of safe creation on Blu-Ray format.
- Does Windows 10 have a DVD maker?
Unfortunately Windows 10 doesn’t have any incorporated software that can perform such tasks, for this you will need to a third-party solution that you should be already familiar with from our list.
We hope you’ve found your top pick from these DVD authoring software. Share with us in the comments section below, or if there’s a particular one you feel we left out, let us know about it too.Editor's Note: This article was originally published in November 2017 and was revamped and updated in December 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.