Winkle app for Windows 10 aims to simplify ebook publishing
It takes a writer to know the needs of a fellow writer. This might have inspired self-published author Ivan Samokish to create a writing app tailored to the specific requirements of writers.
The Winkle app for Windows 10 (which is still in beta) promises to deliver a simple and elegant user interface for authors. That means the app aims to break away from the overwhelming features of existing apps available on the market. Popular note-taking apps can already be found on the market, including OneNote, Evernote, and Scrinever. However, Samokish laments that none of these options fully satisfied his needs as an author.
Winkle is designed to simplify the way authors write their piece and export them to an ebook format. Key features of the app include:
- Autosave to selected directory/folder
- Ebook export tool (export to EPUB, MOBI and IBOOK format)
- Ebook preview panel (see how your ebook looks and edit it live)
- Built-in dictionary/thesaurus
- Notes panel (add notes throughout your work)
- Tabbed notes (divide your work into Projects and Chapters)
- Available for Windows only (and hopefully for Mac later on)
Right now, Winkle is free to use for Windows 10 users only, though Samokish vows to release a macOS version of the app. The free app, however, might annoy some users with its startup popup. The donate popup will show up each time you open the app and a signature will appear at the very last page of any exported ebooks. Nonetheless, you can remove the popup by donating at least $1 to support the app.
Samokish is also inviting the public to check out the app as beta testers until December 31. If you do so now, you’ll be able to receive a free registration key for all future updates of the app. The beta version of Winkle will be available to the general users in January 2017. Speaking of eBooks, you might be interested in checking out some of the best ePub reader for your Windows 10 laptop and not only.
- 5 best journal keeping apps to write down your thougths
- Microsoft’s educational app Whiteboard hits the Windows Store
- Transfer notes from Evernote to OneNote with this tool
Realtek HD Audio Manager is one of the most popular audio drivers available. It provides DTS, Dolby and Surround Sound support for the user’s audio […]
If you’re sending an important email message, it is always good to be able to tell when the email has been open. This feature comes […]
Windows 10 users have been encountering an issue with Blender not being able to open on their PCs. Error message Your system does not use […]