Microsoft Edge receives fullscreen mode along with other improvements
Microsoft Edge was released two years ago and only now has Microsoft managed to add a proper fullscreen option. This addition comes alongside the rollout of the long-awaited Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
Check out the new fullscreen option for Microsoft Edge browser
Internet Explorer had its own fullscreen option in Windows 8, so it was about time that Microsoft Edge got its own fullscreen option as well.
Despite its addition, Edge’s fullscreen mode still doesn’t have all the functionality present with Internet Explorer’s fullscreen option.
For instance, there is currently no way to pull up the browser’s address bar to change websites while the fullscreen mode is activated. To do that, you have to exit the fullscreen mode every time you want to search or enter a website address.
Turning on and off the Edge’s fullscreen mode
- To turn on the fullscreen mode in Microsoft Edge, you have to expand the … menu in the top right corner and click on the arrow icon that is next to Zoom.
- You can exit the fullscreen mode in Edge by swiping down from the top of the screen if you are on a touch-enabled Windows 10 device and then pressing the arrow icon or moving the mouse cursor to the top-right corner of the screen to unveil it.
- You can also turn on and off the fullscreen mode in Edge by pressing the F11 key when the Fn key is activated.
More improvements for Microsoft Edge
Besides a new fullscreen option, Edge received more updates. The more significant ones include its Fluent Design overhaul that provides Edge a facelift with a subtle acrylic look, transparency, fluency and more responsiveness.
Other novelties are new ways to mark PDF files and e-books, pinning websites to the taskbar, editing URLs in Favorites, hearing the web, and more.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Windows 10 users say hello to Ogg, Theora and Vorbis
- Microsoft Edge invades Android and iOS. Do you plan on installing it?
- The Edge Insider Program could help Microsoft fix the browser
While the winter arrives with the joy of Christmas, it also brings the freezing weather along. Of course, there’s the fireplace to warm you up, […]
Recent comments on Reddit would suggest that Microsoft is still not playing the game when it comes to collecting data on its users. This is […]
So, you’re still looking for a nice Christmas present for your best friend? Well, if he/she is also a dog lover, look no further. In […]