Microsoft Edge is now faster thanks to independent rendering
The independent rendering system originates in Internet Explorer 11, and it provide a fluid browsing experience. Independent rendering lets the browser offload graphics processing to an additional CPU thread, and render them with minimal impact on the UI thread. In this manner, performance is improved resulting in better interactions, smooth scrolling, and fluid animations.
On the Windows blog, you will find all the necessary information regarding what is improving and what developers can do to accommodate the tweaks faster and easier.
Independent rendering improvements include the following:
- Content processing
- Iterative operations with tight frame budget (games, script-driven animations, data visualizations)
- Scrolling while the main thread is processing script
- Faster page load times across the sites you use daily
- Applications will be allowed to do more per frame; script driven animations benefit from independent rendering
- Faster vector graphics with independently rendered <svg> elements (EdgeHTML 16 will include independent rendering support for Clip-path, Gradients, Markers, Masks, and Patterns
- Faster 2D graphics independently rendered <canvas> elements
Other improvements include the fact that the company’s work to make apps and sites work better and faster will also accrue to benchmarks. The team underlines ints excitement to see that the web content get faster in EdgeHTML 16 on a vast range of hardware.
In case you are interested in a more comprehensive look at all the detailed improvements you should go and check out the Windows blog. The blog announcement offers an in-depth look at the code behind the whole rendering technology, which is extremely useful for web developers.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Windows 10 Fall Creators Update brings Android and iOS support
- Say goodbye to these features in the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
- The Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Guide: Here’s what you need to know
A blueprint is a proposal that shows the clients how the proposed floor or design plan will look like, followed by a 3D model of […]
The Christmas season is around the corner and one of the best parts about this season is the gift it brings. If you are planning […]
“A picture is worth a thousand words” is a popular English idiom and the quote perfectly describes digital marketing or marketing strategies in general that […]