- Enterprise Edge users will be able to view customizable news feeds upon opening a new tab in the browser.
- Next to Office 365's productivity features and content, the news feeds section could bring a significant boost to team proficiency.
- Check out our Microsoft Edge section to discover more Edge guides, fixes, and tips & tricks.
- Visit our Microsoft Hub for the latest news concerning Microsoft features, products, and events.
According to a recent Microsoft blog post, the Edge development crew just added more functionality to the Enterprise New Tab page.
Aside from the Office 365 content you’ve probably grown accustomed to, Microsoft added a new section called My Feed, which will be constantly populated with the latest news and developments from your content providers of choice.
New Edge feature only available for enterprise users
The new feature will only be available for enterprise users who sign in using work or school Azure Active Directory work accounts. Thus, regular users won’t be able to access it, for now at least.
Upon opening a new tab in the Edge browsers, users will be greeted by Office 365’s productivity-oriented array of content. Also, there’s a navigation section where they can access and organize relevant news feeds.
The news feeds are initially tailored to meet your industry’s profile. However, you can further customize them manually to match your needs even better.
Customizable business-relevant news feeds
If you’re an IT administrator, you’ll be able to customize the Edge news feeds your organization receives.
All you have to do is log into your Microsoft 365 account on the admin center portal and perform the modifications from there.
Furthermore, users can also adapt their feeds to match their personal interests by using the Personalize feature. Relevant content can be toggled from the list of interests made available by the organization management.
Other noteworthy features include:
- Backwards compatibility (to a certain degree) for Microsoft Edge v87 and earlier
- Admin Center customization of Microsoft Bing homepage and New Tab page content
- Compliant with Microsoft 365
- Switchable tile/topic viewing modes
How to get My Feed feature in Edge?
Currently, it seems that only Microsoft Edge Insider preview builds will receive this new feature, versions 87.0.0 and up.
Therefore, if you want to be among the first ones to try it out, make sure you have an Azure Active Directory work/school account. Also, you should keep an eye peeled for Insider channel builds.
Do you think Edge’s News Feeds option will boost productivity? Tell us your opinion in the comments section below.