- Microsoft Edge 95 has new features with the latest update.
- The features are geared towards managing resources effectively and preserving battery life.
- The browser has been on a 4-week release cycle, and these new features complement Windows 11.
Microsoft Edge 95 users have something to smile about as it just landed on the Stable channel. This is special as it is also the first update since the browser committed to the 4-week release cycle.
If you may recall, Microsoft Edge 86 and 87 did receive PDF improvement features, so it is nice seeing the rest follow suit.
Whereas there are no flashy features, the browser’s new Efficiency mode is something worthwhile. It will be on a gradual rollout and is expected to complement the sleeping tabs feature.
When users activate the Efficiency mode, the browser will be able to manage resources and save battery life. When a laptop enters into power save mode, the feature will automatically be activated.
The update will also bring forth Microsoft Word-like features such as the ability to pick up where they left off when they reopen the document.
There is also added support for free form text boxes when filling in forms, as well as adding notes to PDF documents.
Windows 11 design
By now, you know a lot of applications are following the Windows 11 design, and Microsoft Edge did not get left behind. It has the fluent design complete with in-browser menus and right-click menus.
The downloads, collections, and password experience also have improvements.
The release includes;
- You can now view File Explorer support for SharePoint Online libraries in Microsoft Edge. you, however need to enable the Microsoft Edge policy.
- Intranet zone file URL links will now open in Windows File Explorer.
- There are improvements to the downloads experience where support is extended to PWAs and WebView. There is also support for drag and drop for File Explorer and Desktop.
- Citation support has been added to Collections and overall experience improved, particularly for students and teachers.
- You can now update your passwords faster and with fewer clicks. You will be directed to the Change password page, but it is currently only available on a limited number of sites.
- You can now auto-create accounts with additional support on Sign-Up pages.
For a detailed list of the release notes, click here
The update should be automatically installed but if not, check the About page to update manually. Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome are currently on the 4-week cycle update, so be on the lookout for more to come.
What are some of the Microsoft Edge features that you are currently enjoying? Let us know in the comment section below.