Email attachments represent files, such as PDFs, images, videos, and more, that are added to a mail message and sent along with it to the receiver.
It is a great method of sharing files from a person to another. However, there is a limit to how large the attachment can be. For instance, Yahoo allows only 25MB per email.
To add the documents, just search for the paper clip image in your email client. This is the standard icon for attachments no matter the software you use.
Also, you need to pay attention when receiving email attachments from an unknown source. These are used by hackers to infect your computer and network.
Quick tips for email attachments issues
- Email attachments blocked for security reasons [Gmail]
- FIX: Excel file not attaching to email
- Fix: Email attachments stuck in outbox [Gmail, Outlook]
- FIX: Can’t send attachments in Windows Mail app
- We couldn’t add all your attachments the Mail app error [FIX]
If you want to discover more about mails attachments and what software to use, don’t hesitate to visit our comprehensive Email Guides section.