If you’ve used Steam, you might have found the platform a bit underwhelming. As compelling as it is, the Steam store is far from perfect, lacking useful features like browser tabs that could make the platform even better and save you time. Until Valve introduces these features officially, you can try out Enhanced Steam.
Enhanced Steam is a free open-source browser extension for Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Opera. It adds a fair number of decent, useful features and enhancements to the Steam browser interface. Some of its most prominent features include:
- Filters the games in the Steam shop that you currently own
- Sorts the games that are either on your wishlist or you have coupons for. It does so by highlighting them category wise, using customizable colors of your choice
- Lists down full pricing and history for each game in the search results, along with a comparison tool
- The add-on notifies when a game you’re looking at has third-party DRM
- If there are any deals, discounts or seasonal sales, it will show you exactly how much you’re saving on a bundle purchase
- Tweaks the interface of Steam’s online store. It gives an overall fulfilling user experience by providing additional info about games
- Gives users the choice to either show or hide additional information such as Metacritic scores, Widescreen Gaming Forum (WSGF) certification, and 3rd Party DRM Warnings. This allows you to better evaluate the games you want to purchase.
- Removes all those annoying age verification prompts.
Using the Enhanced Steam extension with your browser you will not only speed up your shopping process but also makes browsing Valve’s digital software catalog a more engaging affair.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Fix: ‘Steam needs to be online to update’ Error on Windows 10
- Get Quantum Break for Windows 7, 8.1 from Steam
- Fix: Unable to Run Steam Games on Windows 10
- Windows 10’s popularity on Steam is rising high