An uninstaller refers to dedicated software that was created with the purpose of removing other programs, or just some parts of it, from a computer.
Uninstallers are usually used for removing stubborn software, or apps that can not be completely deleted from a computer just from Control Panel.
It was invented by Jack Bicer. He developed the first Uninstall tool in 1991,w hile he was working on Norton Desktop for Windows at Symantec.
How to fix issues that block you from uninstalling programs?
Uninstalling programs is relatively simple in Windows 10, but some potential errors are possible, and things might get complicated.
One of these errors is also a never completed uninstallation, which doesn’t allow you to uninstall any program.
Not being able to uninstall your applications can be a big problem, and you can find the following issues:
- Add/remove programs stuck on please wait – Several users reported that they are unable to remove applications from their PC, according to them, they are getting this message while using Add or remove programs app
- Please wait until the current program is finished uninstalling AVG – Third-party applications can often interfere with your PC, and many users reported this problem while trying to uninstall AVG antivirus
- Please wait until the current program is finished uninstalling stuck – In some cases, users might get stuck while trying to remove certain applications; this can be a big problem, but you should be able to fix it with one of our solutions
1. Restart your computer
Restarting your PC will terminate all processes, including the corrupt uninstallation. When your computer boots, try again to uninstall the program you want to exclude.
2. Use a third-party uninstaller
- 5 best uninstaller software for Windows 10 PCs
- 6 best driver removal tools to confirm everything is deleted
- 7 best registry cleaner tools for Windows 10 [2021 Guide]
- 6 best memory cleaner software for Windows 10
- How to delete junk files using the best tools for Windows 10
3. Remove the application in Safe Mode
One of the most used solutions to fix uninstalling errors is removing the application from Safe Mode. Find out right away how to access Safe Mode.
If you want to discover more tools to help you to remove and clean your computer, take a look at our Optimization Software section.