- Many users reported that they can’t watch online videos due to Error code 224003 in their browser.
- Fixing this error on Chrome is simple, and you just need to adjust a few advanced settings.
- This video file cannot be played (error code: 224003) can affect other browsers, and the most common causes are extensions.
- Website data can also cause this problem in both Safari and Chrome, so be sure to clean it regularly.
While watching videos in your web browser, you might sometimes encounter Error code 224003. When this error appears, you won’t be able to play the desired video at all.
This error can be problematic, especially if it appears on most video websites, so in today’s guide we’ll show you how to fix This video file cannot be played (error code: 224003) error for good.
How can I fix error code 224003?
1. Disable all extensions
- Click the Menu icon, go to More tools,and select Extensions.
- Now disable all available extensions by clicking the switch icon next to them.
- If the issue is gone, try enabling extensions one by one until you find the cause of the problem.
- Open the Safari menu and select Preferences. Now navigate to the Extensions.
- Uncheck the checkbox next to all extensions.
- If the problem is gone, try enabling extensions one by one to find the cause of the problem.
This is a simple solution and it should help you fix error code 22400 3 in both Chrome and Safari with ease.
2. Disable hardware acceleration in Chrome
- Click on the Menu icon in the top right corner and choose Settings.
- Scroll all the way down and click on Advanced.
- Make sure the Use hardware acceleration when available is disabled.
Disabling hardware acceleration works only in Chrome, but it won’t help you fix Error code 22400 3 in Safari, since Safari doesn’t allow you to change this setting.
3. Clear the cache
- Click the Menu button and go to More tools.
- Select the Clear browsing data option.
- Set the Time range to All time and click the Clear data button.
- Open the Safari menu and choose Preferences.
- Navigate to the Privacy tab and click on Remove All Website Data button.
- Click on the Remove Now button to confirm.
After clearing the cache, check if error 224003 is resolved.
Error code 224003 can be problematic and prevent you from watching online videos, but we hope that our solutions helped you fix this problem for good.