Intergalactic battle fans will soon be able to play EVE Online for free starting frominNovember. Since free things are not always premium, players who opt for the free version of the game won’t have access to certain features.
Thanks to technological advancements in New Eden, a new way of manufacturing and augmenting clones has been developed. Clone manufacturers can now build clones which possess a base state, called the Alpha state. They can also upgrade this state, and create Omega clones. However, since Omega clones are derived from Alpha clones, the latter will always exist underneath.
The two clone levels have distinct characteristics that influence access to trained skills as well as the rate at which new skills are acquired. Gamers who choose to play the free version of EVE Online have access only to Alpha clones and access to training will be limited.
- The Alpha Clone State is the new base state for all clones and it will be available to any character in New Eden at any time. Clones in the Alpha state will be able to train and use a specific set of skills including tech one Frigates, Destroyers and Cruisers for your faction along with essential weapons and modules. Alphas will also train skills at a reduced rate compared to Omegas.
- The Omega Clone State is obtained by augmenting basic clones using neural expanders and cerebral acceleration technology, granting unlimited skill access. Omega clone state will behave exactly as your subscribed characters do now.
For more information about the upcoming changes, you can check out the FAQ section on the CCP Games blog.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Fix: frame rate drops in Xbox One backward compatibility games
- Streaming Xbox One games to Windows 10 phones is now possible
- PlayStation Now streams Sony games to Windows PC