EVE: Valkyrie VR experience on Steam leaves much to be desired
EVE: Valkyrie is now available for the HTC Vive VR headset via Steam, allowing gamers to become elite spaceship pilots in the amazing sci-fi universe of EVE.
You can join the Valkyrie, a group of galactic pirates, and take up arms to claim what’s yours. You can use a wide variety of ships, customization options, weapon loadouts, and combat styles.
EVE: Valkyrie is the first game to feature cross-platform multiplayer support for PSVR, Oculus Rift and HTC Vive, allowing gamers to play together using different hardware systems. Unfortunately, on Steam, EVE: Valkyrie has been a very disappointing experience for many players due to the various issues that affect the game.
First of all, there is no motion control support, which means that players still need to use a gamepad.
I bought this game for VR HTC Vive. Game must be played on game pad, which is disappointing. […] Not worth $60 in my opinion. Game is fun, but I cannot play for more than 10-15 minutes at a time, as my eyes get tired from the VR set.
Secondly, EVE: Valkyrie is affected by a bevy of issues that severely limit the gaming experience. Here’s a list of the most common EVE: Valkyrie bugs reported by gamers:
- Gamers are stuck on the Eula screen and it appears they can’t advance past it: “Seems I can’t advance past the Eula since I don’t have a gamepad, there’s a nice hotas setup on my desk mind you. But no that doesn’t work on this screen it seems.”
- A message informing gamers they need to connect to the cloud blocks the game access: “I am having problem runing this game. After starting the game, it keeps on telling me to press button A to connect to cloud. Any solution to this?”
- Fatal error crashes prevent players from enjoying a smooth gaming experience. It appears that this error often occurs when gamers are about to leave multiplayer.
Have you played EVE: Valkyrie? Tell us more about you experience in the comment section below.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Zotac equips its new Magnus VR ready mini PC with Radeon RX 480 graphics
- ARM releases two new processors for enhancing the VR experience
- Top 15 VR games you can find on Steam
MS Office 2013 users can utilize templates for preformatted documents. However, some Office users have said that a Something went wrong while downloading your template […]
The new Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD) product and strategy announced last year in September is here. Well, the Redmond giant planned to offer an early […]
Microsoft just released KB4493132 to Windows 7 computers thus adding end of support notifications.The notifications remind users to upgrade to Windows 10 before January 14th, 2020. The […]