- When you export your Opera bookmarks, make sure the file is saved in a visible location for later use.
- As is the case with all browsers, in Opera, to export a bookmark you have to get the whole file of bookmarks.
- Then, when importing it into another browser, you can select which bookmarks you keep and which you remove.
- For easier bookmark management, you can even use a bookmark organizer.
Bookmarking your favorite pages and web resources for later use of study is pretty handy especially if you want to avoid cluttering too many tabs in one window. Or not to lose important information, for that matter.
One of the details that make users think twice when switching or adopting a new browser is the fear of losing their bookmarks.
To respond to that need, browser developers have implemented easy options of importing or exporting bookmarks.
In this article, we’ll talk about exporting bookmark from Opera to your browser of choice.
Keep using Opera as an alternative browser for the plethora of exclusive features it has that always add to your everyday productivity target.
How do I export bookmarks from Opera to another browser?
- In Opera, open the bookmarks menu from the side menu bar.
- Click on Open full Bookmarks view in the lower part of the tab.
- Click on the Import/Export menu, in the same area.
- Choose Export.
- You’ll be able to save your bookmarks as a .HTML file. Name it as you wish and save it in a preferred location.
- The next step would be to import this file into your browsers of choice by following a similar pattern, only choosing an Import option.
The bookmark Import/Export process is quite similar in all browsers. What differs is perhaps only where the bookmarks are located.
A more direct way in Opera is to open the browser and type the following URL, which will take you straight into the bookmarrs menu:
If your bookmarks folder has become too hard to manage, consider using a bookmark organizer. They conveniently come in several versions compatible with more browsers.
This way, you will order your bookmarks in various customizable categories, for easier access and use.
We hope that this article was helpful. Don’t hesitate to look into our Opera section for more useful tips on working in this amazing browser.