Fix: FIFA 17 won’t update on Xbox One
With Fifa 17, EA managed to expand an already impressive online player base even more. The gameplay is fluid and the number of licensed teams/players is remarkable. Most of us enjoy Fifa Ultimate Team and all of its features, while waiting to draft those Golden players. Additionally, player ratings upgrade to the ones in real life to improve the reality experience.
But, besides those great traits, there are some frustrating issues that need to be addressed. One of the issues that are constantly present in the Xbox One version of FIFA 17 is malfunctioning the update feature. It appears that the game insists on updating, but the update is not available. To save you from this annoyance, we’ve listed some troubleshooting steps.
How to fix Fifa 17 update error on Xbox One/Xbox One S
Restart your console
First and easiest step for making the update feature work again is clearing temporary files. You can do that by turning off the console. Additionally, you should unplug the device and wait for a minute or so. Plug it in again and turn it on. This will clear temporary files that may interfere with update settings. This is the common solution for similar bugs but may prove as insufficient. If this is the case, move on to the solutions listed below.
Check Instant On option
With Xbox One, Microsoft implemented a great auto-update feature called Instant On. This feature basically updates all your stored games, even the ones you are not playing at the moment. This way all available updates will be installed in scheduled time, so you’ll have the latest version without manual tweaks needed. However, with some users, this option is not enabled by default. You can turn it on by following these steps:
- Go to Settings.
- Choose All Settings.
- Select Power mode and startup.
- Set Power mode to Instant On.
- Choose to Keep my console, apps, and games up to date.
- Additionally, you can set your console to turn off if idle after the updates are installed.
Check your connection
There are various problems that occur because of the connection issues. Besides unstable online gaming, an unstable connection can provoke update errors. To prevent that, walk trough the following steps:
- Make sure you use wired connection instead of wireless.
- Reset your MAC address. Go to Settings > All Settings > Network > Advanced Settings > Alternate MAC Adress > Clear. After you clear your MAC address, the reboot is needed.
- Disable router firewalls
- Set NAT (Network Address Translation) to Open. Go to Settings > All Settings > Network > Test Multiplayer Connection. After the process is finished press all trigger and bumper buttons at the same time. The Detailed Network Statistics will show on the screen. Wait until text appears bellow Detailed Net Information. After that, just press A button twice. Your NAT should be Open now.
Reinstall the game
If the game won’t update no matter what you’ve tried, reinstallation is the only viable solution. This way you’ll get rid of any possible bugs and update errors. We are aware that the process can be long on some occasions, but it’s your best bet for fixing existing malfunctions. You can do so by following these steps:
- Go to Xbox dashboard.
- Select My games and apps.
- Select Fifa 17 and press Start button.
- Choose Manage game.
- Use the Saved data option from the left side to back up your in-game data.
- When you are ready, select Uninstall all and wait until the process is finished.
After uninstall, next logical step is Fifa 17 install. You can do so by following these instructions:
- If you are having the physical copy of the Fifa 17, the installing process will start as soon you insert the disc in the console. Just choose Install when prompted.
- For the digital copy, you obtained from Xbox Games store you should go to the My games and apps.
- You should see Fifa 17 in Ready to Install.
- Select Install and wait until the process is done.
These were our probable solutions for Fifa 17 update issues on Xbox One or Xbox One S. You should go trough all the steps and find a compatible workaround. If you are aware of any alternative solutions or have any suggestions, please let us know in the comments section.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- 5 American trucking simulator games for Windows 10 users
- Resident Evil 7 Biohazard PC specs: make sure your computer meets them
- Ashbourne game issues: Too many bugs break a promising game
- Dota 2 FPS issues: Here’s how to fix them
- How to fix high latency and frequent disconnects in World of Warcraft
Nvidia GeForce Experience is a useful application, but many users reported error code 0x0001 while using Nvidia GeForce Experience. Today we’ll take a look at […]
IPad owners where left frustrated after Skype dropped support for earlier versions of iOS. When trying to install Skype on their iPads, an error message […]
Many Windows 10 users reported not being able to run WebGL supported websites. Error message WebGL is not supported pops up disallowing 2D and 3D […]