2. Fix – FIFA 16 fps drop
Solution 1 – Edit fifasetup.ini file
Fps drop can make FIFA 16 almost unplayable at times, but you can fix this issue by changing the game’s .ini file. To change FIFA 16 .ini file, follow these steps:
- Go to Documents > FIFA 16 folder.
- Find fifasetup.ini. Create a copy of this file on your Desktop, in case something goes wrong.
- Switch back to DocumentsFIFA16 folder and open fifasetup.ini with Notepad.
- Change the values to the following:
- AUDIO_MIX_MODE = 0
- CONTROLLER_DEFAULT = 1
- DISABLE_WINDAERO = 0
- FULLSCREEN = 0
- MSAA_LEVEL = 1
- RENDERINGQUALITY = 0
- RESOLUTIONHEIGHT = 720
- RESOLUTIONWIDTH = 1280
- VOICECHAT = 0 WAITFORVSYNC = 0
- Save changes and try running the game again.
Solution 2 – Close any unnecessary applications
If you’re having fps drops in FIFA 16, or in any other game for that matter, it’s important to turn off any unnecessary background apps.
After closing all unnecessary applications, try running FIFA 16 and check if the issue is resolved.
Solution 3 – Change priority of FIFA 16 process to High
- Start the game. As soon as the game starts, press Alt + Tab to minimize it.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to Start Task Manager.
- When Task Manager starts, go to Details tab.
- Find fifa16.exe process and right click it. Choose Set Priority > High.
- Close Task Manager and switch back to FIFA 16.
If this solution works for you, we have to mention that you’ll have to repeat it every time you start FIFA 16.
Solution 4 – Change NVidia/Catalyst control panel settings
Users have reported micro stuttering and fps drops while playing FIFA 16, and if you have similar issues, you might want to change certain options from NVidia Control Panel or Catalyst Control Center.
To change these options, do the following:
- Start Nvidia Control Panel.
- Go to Manage 3D Settings.
- From the list of options find and disable OpenGL and Triple Buffering. Enable V-Sync.
- Save changes and try running FIFA 16 again.
If you own AMD graphic card, you can change these options from Catalyst Control Center.
3. Fix – FIFA 16 can’t install
Solution 1 – Install Visual C++ Redistributable
Users have reported “VC++ runtime redistributable package was not installed successfully. Setup cannot continue” error message while installing FIFA 16.
If you’re having the same problem, it’s advised that you install Visual C++ Redistributable separately. To do that, follow these steps:
- Go to Origin GamesFIFA 16__Installervcvc2012Update3redist.
- There should be two files available. If you’re using 64-bit version of Windows 10, install both vc_redist.x64.exe and vc_redist.x86.exe. If you’re using 32-bit version of Windows, just install vc_redist.x86.exe.
- Return to Origin library and install the game.
Solution 2 – Disable your antivirus
Sometimes FIFA 16 can’t install if your antivirus software is running. We don’t know why this happens, but if you have this issue, disable your antivirus before installing FIFA 16.
Solution 3 – Delete _Installer and Core folders
Users have reported that they cannot re-install FIFA 16 after the original installation gets interrupted. If you have the same issue, you might want to do the following:
- Go to C: Program Files(x86) Origin Games FIFA 16.
- Locate _Installer and Core folders and delete them.
- Open Origin, right click FIFA 16 and choose Repair game from the menu.
4. Fix – FIFA 16 mfplat.dll missing
Solution – Install Media Feature Pack
If you’re getting an error message saying mfplat.dll is missing or corrupted, you just need to download and install Media Feature Pack from here.
These are some common FIFA 16 issues, and if you’re having any of these issues, we hope that our solutions can be helpful to you.
- Fix: Invisible players in FIFA 17 online mode
- What to do if FIFA controller doesn’t work on PC
- 7 best VPNs for playing FIFA 2018/ FIFA 19 on PC
- How to Fix FIFA 15 Problems in Windows 10
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in March 2016 and has been since updated for freshness, and accuracy.