FIFA, also known as FIFA Football or FIFA Soccer, is a series of association football video games, released annually by Electronic Arts under the EA Sports label.
The latest versions of the FIFA video game series
- Release date: October 9, 2020
- Platforms: Microsoft Windows, Xbox Series X, and Series S, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch
- 700+ teams
- 30 official leagues
- Unparalleled graphics
- 17,000+ authentic players
- Have a career in professional football and grow
- Play as one of the best football teams of the 2021 season
- Playing online can be a pain with an older PC
Read also: 7 best VPNs for playing FIFA 2021 on PC
- Release date: September 24, 2019
- Platforms: Microsoft Windows, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch.
Date of release: 28 September 2018
Platforms: Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Microsoft Windows, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.
FIFA 19 introduces the UEFA Champions League, Europa League, and Super Cup competitions to the game. Find out more about FIFA 2019 game details.
Date of release: 29 September 2017
Platforms: Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch.
The original story-based mode from FIFA 17 continues on the PlayStation 4, Microsoft Windows and Xbox One versions and it’s entitled “The Journey: Hunter Returns”.
FIFA 18 issues and fixes:
- No 3D grass on FIFA18
- FIFA 18 bugs on Windows
- FIFA 18’s first major update breaks the game
- FIFA 18 players sign a petition for EA to fix in-game issues
- FIFA 18 bugs: game crashes, server disconnects, the sound won’t work, and more
Date of release: 11 October 2016
Platforms: iOS, Android, and Microsoft Windows.
Fifa Mobile is the first mobile game that uses a new “Attack Mode” in which players mostly play the offensive stages of a match. It features seasonal programs, live events, leagues, and player plans.
Date of release: September 29, 2016
Platforms: Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One
FIFA 17 uses the Frostbite game engine for the first time in the game series. Among the improvements, we can note new attacking techniques, physical player overhaul, active intelligence system and set-piece rewrite. It was the first time when EA sports brought FIFA 17 to Windows 10 tablets.
A new campaign-mode for single player was introduced: “The Journey”, for PS4, Xbox One, and Windows. With positive reviews on reception, FIFA 17 has been the fastest selling edition of the franchise.
FIFA 17 issues and how to fix them:
- Fix: FIFA 17 won’t start
- Fix: FIFA 17 stops working on PC
- Fix: FIFA 17 won’t update on Xbox One
- Fix: FIFA 17 won’t connect to EA servers
- Fix: Invisible players in FIFA 17 online mode
- Fix: FIFA 17 unexpectedly exits Ultimate Team
- Fix: FIFA 17 Ultimate Team server problems
- Fix: FIFA 17 controller doesn’t work on Windows PC
- Fix: FIFA 17 stuck on loading screen on Xbox One
- FIFA 17 Update 4 issues: illogical defender position, lag and install problems
- Fix: FIFA 17 crashes after first loading screen
- FIFA 17 often gets stuck during installation, loading, and gameplay
Date of release: September 22, 2015 (North America), September 24, 2015 (Europe)
Platforms: Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, iOS, Android
FIFA 16 was the first title in the series to include female athletes and national teams. The game contains 78 stadiums, including 50 real-world venues. The Career Mode was enriched with a new Training Mode, allowing players to develop footballers in the team they manage.
Find out here how to fix FIFA 16 Issues on Windows 10.
Date of release: September 23, 2014 (USA), September 25, 2014 (Europe), September 26, 2014 (UK)
Platforms: Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, Nintendo 3DS, Wii, iOS, Android, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Windows 8.1, Windows Phone 8.1
FIFA 15 was the last edition for PlayStation Vita, Wii and Nintendo 3DS. The Windows version used the new Ignite Engine for the first time.
Date of release: September 24, 2013 (USA), September 26, 2013 (Europe)
Platforms: Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii, PlayStation 2, PlayStation Vita, Nintendo 3DS, PlayStation Portable, iOS, Windows Phone, Android, Java ME
This game showcased a new engine, Ignite, for the newest generation of video game consoles PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Improvements were noticed on graphical enhancements, like shifting weather conditions and dynamic environment, but also on changes in gameplay, with features like Human Intelligence and True Player Motion.
Date of release: September 25, 2012 (USA), September 27, 2012 (Australia), September 28, 2012 (Europe)[
Platforms: Microsoft Windows, Wii U, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii, PlayStation 2, PlayStation Vita, Nintendo 3DS, PlayStation Portable, iOS, Windows Phone, Android, Java ME
FIFA 13 was the first in the game series compatible with compatible with Kinect and PlayStation Move for Xbox and PlayStation. EA Sports confirmed the leagues on the official website and called this version: “the most authentic football game on the planet with 30 of the world’s best leagues”.