Fitbit, the world’s most popular app for tracking activity, workouts, and sleep, now offers support for the recently launched Alta fitness wearable, which is fast gaining popularity among fitness fans.
Fitbit is even better now thanks to recent improvements it received allowing users to better track their all-day activities due to increased personalization, more features, and better localization. The Fitbit Alta Fitness Tracker has a simpler design than Microsoft’s Band 2, and offers the following tracking features:
- You can track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes so that you can measure your progress.
- The bright OLED tap display allows you to see stats, time and notifications.
- You know how long and how well you sleep thanks to the automatic tracking system.
- Set a silent, or a vibrating alarm.
- Metal, leather and classic bands are sold separately, letting you personalize your fitness band. You can choose an elegant band and wear Alta even at work.
- Get call, text and calendar notifications if your phone is nearby.
Users simply love this band: you don’t have to charge it often, it accurately picks up every step you take, there are no restrictions in terms of the movements you can make, and it accurately tells you how many hours of sleep you got even if you wake up in the middle of the night:
I am loving this more as each day goes by. I have used it day and night for two weeks, in that amount of time I have only had to charge it once, at that time it was down to half. I am thrilled that it picks up every single step I take. no matter what direction I step. Hopping, jumping, dancing, leg lifts, because it is on my ankle it picks up my leg movements, regardless of what my arms are doing, I feel this is much more accurate in tracking […]. I received my new teal band, that snaps on in seconds for sleep, and the sleep monitor is extremely accurate. it Knows if I get up at night, and how long I was up. This is absolutely the best Fitbit to date. Thank you Fitbit.
You can order your Fitbit Alta Fitness Tracker from Amazon for $129.95.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Microsoft brings a mammoth update to Health and Microsoft Band 2, showing fitness users its love
- BackTrainer is a Windows 8, 10 Fitness App to Help Against Back Pain
- Windows 8, 10 App Check: Endomondo, the Social Fitness Network