How to fix Windows Store error 0x87AF0813 on Windows 10
Microsoft’s revamp of Windows Store’s interface means that we can expect a lot of improvements in the future. Even though UI improvements are more than welcome, there are some more urgent Windows Store issues that need to be fixed. Like the Windows Store error with the ”0x87AF0813” code which seems to bother a lot of users out there.
We hope that Microsoft will address this issue in the future updates. Meanwhile, we prepared a list of possible solutions that should come in handy. Make sure to check them out below.
Solutions to fix Windows Store error ”0x87AF0813” on Windows 10
- Check the internet connection
- Run WSReset.exe
- Reinstall the app
- Check storage space
- Run the troubleshooter
- Re-register the Windows Store app
- Update Windows Store
- Sign out/ sign in from Windows Store
- Change the Country or Region to ”United States”.
Solution 1 – Check the internet connection
It’s an obvious thing everything you do within Windows Store is the connection-dependent. In order to update or download any given app, you’ll need the stable internet connection. This can cause a simple stall, a permanent loading, or the bag of various errors.
For that purpose, make sure to check your network. If everything seems well, and the problem is still there, you should try to disable the third-party antivirus temporarily. There’s a chance the third-party software is blocking Windows Store services.
Finally, you can always restart your PC. A restart won’t take you far with the complex system errors, but it just might suffice in this scenario.
Solution 2 – Run WSReset.exe
Although the Windows Store platform vastly changed since Windows 8, it retained a few built-in tools and features in the Windows 10 version. The tool for resetting cache is still there. Namely, with the WSReset.exe command, you can restart Windows Store and clear the app’s cache without meddling with folders.
Its main purpose is to restart related services and clear the Windows Store cache. Furthermore, it can help you with stalls and errors, while preserving your preferences.
Follow the instructions below to resolve run this nifty tool:
- Press Windows key + S.
- In the Windows Search bar, type WSReset.exe and press Enter.
- This will restart Windows Store and clear the stored cache.
On the other hand, if you’re unable to resolve the error this way, make sure to check additional solutions below.
Solution 3 – Reinstall the app
Let’s continue with the next solution. Yes, Windows Store can behave erratically on some occasions but doesn’t make it the instigator of every given problem. Sometimes, apps are the ones to blame for errors. If we take into consideration the mere number of apps, there’s always a dash of chance that one or multiple apps are misbehaving.
And is there a better way to resolve issues within the app than to reinstall it? So, if you can lay your hand one single app which seems faulty, laggy or unstable, make sure to follow steps we presented below:
- Navigate to Start and locate the troubled app.
- Right-click on it and choose Uninstall.
- Restart your PC.
- Now, open Windows Store.
- Search for the app you uninstalled and install it again.
Solution 4 – Check storage space
Furthermore, we need to remind you about the storage space. If you’re running low on space, make sure to clean up your system partition. Future Windows Store updates and installations might easily get blocked if there’s a lack of free space.
You can always transfer multimedia files from system partition to data partition. On the other hand, when it comes to applications, make sure to remove the ones you’re not using frequently. Additionally, you can, with the little help of Disk Cleanup utility, clear temporary files which can take a lot of space.
Follow the instructions below to use Disk Cleanup tool:
- In the Windows Search bar, type Disk, and open Disk Cleanup.
- Choose the system partition (mostly C:).
- Select the file types you want to get rid of by checking the boxes.
- Click OK and that should do it.
Solution 5 – Run the troubleshooter
Besides standard troubleshooting steps, you can always turn to a built-in troubleshooter. The Windows Store apps troubleshooter is now located in the unified menu and its main purpose is locating and fixing Windows Store related errors.
Once you run it, it will restart a couple of services and check for a plethora of possible errors. In order to run Windows Store troubleshooter, follow instructions below:
- Press Windows key + I to summon the Settings app.
- Choose Update & security.
- Select Troubleshoot.
- Scroll to the bottom and highlight the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.
- Click on the ”Run the troubleshooter”.
Solution 6 – Re-register the Windows Store app
The best way to address any repetitive issue with any given application is to reinstall it. Plain and simple. However, since the Windows Store app is a built-in part of Windows 10, it can’t be reinstalled. At least, not by using conventional approach.
Instead of reinstalling the app in the full sense of the word, you can re-register Windows Store app packages and, hopefully, resolve the issue at hand. This procedure closely resembles reinstallation, as it will completely restore Windows Store’s default values.
Follow the steps below to re-register Windows Store app packages:
- In the Windows Search bar, type PowerShell.
- Right-click PowerShell and choose to run as administrator.
- In the command line, copy-paste the following command and press Enter:
- Restart your PC
Solution 7 – Update Windows Store
Nonetheless, this issue with Windows Store can be the product of a temporary bug that’s plaguing the current version. Meaning that you’ll need to check frequently for updates and your problem might be accordingly addressed.
In order to check for Windows Store updates, follow the steps we presented below:
- Open the Windows Store app from the Start menu.
- Click on the 3-dot menu in the far right corner and open Downloads and updates.
- Click on the ”Get Updates” button.
It’s reasonable to believe that updates will sort things out. However, if that’s not the case, make sure to check final solutions.
Solution 8 – Sign out/ sign in from Windows Store
Some users managed to overcome the installation failure in Windows Store with a few simple steps. Namely, it seems that, occasionally, there’s an account-related stall which prevents apps from downloading or updating. In order to surpass this, you’ll need to sign out and sign in again.
For the step-by-step instructions, look below:
- Open the Windows Store app.
- Click on your profile in the top right corner.
- Sign Out of your profile.
- Search for the App that you want to install or update.
- Click on the app and choose the preferred action.
- Windows Store will ask you to sign-in.
- Sign in and continue with the installing or updating.
Solution 9 – Change the Country or Region to ”United States”.
Finally, some users managed to resolve issues by simply switching the locale region to ”United States”. Namely, it seems that some apps or features in Windows Store are not accessible for certain regions. You can easily overcome these restrictions by simply changing your Country or Region preference to U.S.
If you’re unsure how to do it, follow the instructions below:
- Press Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
- Choose Time & language.
- Select Region & language in the left pane.
- Under the Country or region, select the United States.
- Restart your PC.
That should do it. In case you have any additional questions or alternative suggestion related to Windows Store error ”0x87AF0813”, make sure to tell us. You can do so in the comments section below.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- New Windows Store update introduces Fluent Design to Windows 10 users
- OneNote 2016 is now available in Windows Store
- The Windows Store is a sea filled with piracy apps
- Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition is now listed in the Windows Store
UML (Unified Modeling Language) diagrams are visual representations of software systems. The diagrams are essential for software engineers who need to document software systems. There […]
Because we all love listening to our favorite music, it is very important to be able to organize our music library. This task has become […]
Computer problems are usually not that complicated to fix. The real problem is that most people are not that keen to try and fix them, […]