EVGA rolls out BIOS updates to fix overheating issues on many GeForce GTX cards
Many EVGA GeForce GTX 1080, 1070 and 1060 users report that memory temperature is running warmer than expected. As a result, EVGA is currently investigating the issue and recently published a note about its results.
The computer hardware company acknowledged that GeForce GTX 1080, 1070 and 1060 cards are indeed affected by overheating issues. EVGA will soon roll out a BIOS update to adjusts fan speed curve and ensure sufficient cooling of all components across all operating temperatures.
This BIOS update is expected to be released in the next few days and users will be able to download it and update their cards directly. This update should fix the thermal issues that many users have reported, and ensure the card maintains safe operating temperatures.
EVGA has investigated these reports and after extensive testing, below are our findings:
- On ACX 3.0, EVGA focused on GPU temperature and the lowest acoustic levels possible. Running Furmark, the GPU is around 70C +/- and the fan speed is running approximately 30% duty cycle or lower.
- However, during recent testing, the thermal temperature of the PWM and memory, in extreme circumstances, was marginally within spec and needed to be addressed.
Conclusion: EVGA offers full warranty support on its products, with cross-ship RMA*, and stands behind its products and commitment to our customers.
The upcoming update supports the following cards:
|GTX 1080||GTX 1070||GTX 1060 6G||GTX 1060 3G|
Moreover, apart from the BIOS update, EVGA offers optional thermal pads for free to all the customers who are interested. If you want to request the thermal pad kit, you can visit www.evga.com/thermalmod and send your request.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- NVIDIA updates its GeForce drivers with support for Titanfall 2, Dishonored 2, Obduction
- NVIDIA releases hotfix for latest Windows 10 GeForce drivers
- How to fix Gaming Problems on AMD R270X Video Card in Windows 10
Many Aventail VPN users have encountered the error message Aventail VPN is not connecting. This problem seems to occur no matter how the VPN service […]
Have you ever received Are you sure you want to copy this file without its properties message from Windows when you were trying to move […]
The error You do not have the necessary privilege to create new virtual machines appears in the cases in which the user doesn’t have enough […]