TunnelBear VPN won’t install? Fix it with these 3 steps
TunnelBearVPN is one of the most popular VPN solutions nowadays, with both free and premium plans. In general, the installing and configuring procedure of one’s VPN is rather simple and shouldn’t take too much of his/her precious time.
However, there seems to be an issue with the TunnelBear’s client installation on Windows platform. Namely, users are unable to install the TunnelBearVPN for no apparent reason and they can’t bear with that (no pun intended).
In order to address this, we provided 3 viable solutions for the issue at hand. If you’re stuck on the installation screen, make sure to check them out below.
What to do when TunnelBearVPN won’t install on your PC
1: Reboot your system
Firstly, there’s always that slightest chance that the background application is taking its turn with Microsoft Installer. Since this service can operate with only one installing program at the time, we have ourselves an obvious reason why the TunnelBearVPN desktop client won’t install.
- READ ALSO: FIX: Tunnelbear error connecting to server
You should wait for some time and try again. If the problem is consistent, make sure to restart your PC and give it another try. Also, make sure that you’ve acquired the latest and supported version for your Windows iteration.
Unlike TunnelBear, Cyberghost is a highly compatible VPN tool that will keep safe your connection. With over 15 million users and 600 servers worldwide, this VPN won’t give you any problems while using it.
- Get now CyberGhost VPN (currently 77% off)
2: Run the installer as an administrator
System security services, especially UAC (User Account Control) tend to block the installation of ”untrusted” third-party applications in order to prevent them from making changes to your system. Now, as you’ve probably figured it out on your own, this feature has a mind of its own and often blocks trusted programs, which TunnelBearVPN certainly is.
In order to avoid this, you can either lower the UAC’s security bar or, better, run the installer with the administrative permission. Also, you should, for the remainder of the installation process, disable the third-party antivirus and move from there.
Here’s how to lower the UAC bar:
- In the Windows Search bar, type UAC and open ”Change user account control settings”.
- Lower the slider to the bottom ”Never notify me” option.
- Confirm changes and restart your PC.
- Try installing TunnelBearVPN again.
And here’s how to run the TunnelBearVPN installer with the administrative permission:
- Download the latest version of TunnelBearVPN for Windows, here.
- Navigate to Downloads, right-click on the installer and open Properties.
- Select the Compatibility tab.
- Check the ”Run this program in compatibility mode for” box and select earlier Windows iteration.
- Check the ”Run this program as an administrator” box.
- Confirm changes and double-click the installer to run it.
3: Install TunnelBearVPN in Safe Mode
If you’re still bothered by the same issue and the TunnelBearVPN just refuses to install, there’s still one final way to do it. However, this can be done by accessing system’s Safe Mode, which can be an issue on Windows 10 because of the Fast Boot feature. Nonetheless, once you’re there (and we’ll show you how to get there), the installation should be a piece of cake.
Here’s how to boot into Safe Mode and install TunnelBear from there:
- Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
- Open Update & Security.
- Select Recovery from the left pane.
- Under the ”Advanced startup” section, click Restart now.
- When the Advanced Startup menu appears, choose Troubleshoot.
- Open Advanced Options.
- Select Startup settings and then Restart.
- When the Startup settings menu appears, choose Safe Mode by pressing F4 or Safe Mode with Networking by pressing F5.
- Run the TunnelBearVPN installer.
That should do it. In case you have any questions or suggestions regarding the installing of TunnelBearVPN on your system, make sure to tell us in the comments section below.
RELATED STORIES YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT:
- What to do when TunnelBear is connected but not working
- FIX: TunnelBear VPN Netflix error
- 5 best VPNs for Windows XP in 2018
- Top 5 Corporate VPN solutions to boost your business [2018 List]
Most of us are sick of the messages informing us that the content is unavailable when we access Hulu or Netflix apps. This notification appears […]
Error 0x80070780 arises for some users when they try to copy, delete, back up or edit certain files in Windows 10. The error message states: […]