Fix Windows 10 File Corruption Issues
Many computer problems are caused by corrupted system files. If your Windows 10 installation is corrupted, you’ll encounter instability issues and all sorts of other problems. Fortunately, there are few ways to fix corrupted system files on Windows 10, and you can find out the step by step process for each specific issue.
What are corrupted files?
Corrupted files are files from your computer that appear distorted or do not respond when you try to access it directly from your system or another application. There are several reasons why a file may become corrupted. First of all, we need to understand what is data corruption and how it can occur.
Data corruption refers to errors in computer data that occur during writing, reading, storage, transmission, or processing, which introduce unintended changes to the original data. There are various causes of the corruption, and among the most common ones are malware programs.
In general, when data corruption occurs in a file containing that data will produce unexpected results: from a minor loss of data to a system crash. To exemplify, if a document file is corrupted, when a person tries to open that file with a document editor they may get an error message saying: ‘The file you are trying to access is corrupted’. Thus, the file might not be opened or might open with some of the data corrupted (or in some cases, completely corrupted, leaving the document unintelligible).
How can you fix corrupted files in Windows 10?
Corrupted files can be a big problem, especially if one of those files is your work or school project. There are many different tools that can help you in these types of situations, and here you find some of the best tools to repair files on Windows 10.
Here are the 7 most effective solutions to fix corrupted files in Windows 10:
- Use the SFC tool [System File Checker]
- Use the DISM tool [Deployment Image & Servicing Management]
- Run SFC scan from Safe Mode
- Perform SFC scan before Windows 10 starts
- Replace the files manually
- Use System Restore
- Reset your Windows 10
Follow the full guide to fix corrupted files and let us know which solution solved your issue.
Additionally, we present you the specific workarounds for different file formats that have become corrupted:
- [FIX]corrupted WAV files in just 5 minutes
- FIX: PowerPoint file is corrupted and cannot be opened/saved
- Fix: FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE error
- [FIX] “The disc image file is corrupted” error
- [FIX] corrupted Recycle Bin in a minute
- [FIX] DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL error
- [FIX] “The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable” error
- [Fix] “Disk structure is corrupted and unreadable” error
- [FIX] NBA 2K17 My Career file missing/corrupted on Xbox One
- [FIX] corrupted OneDrive files and shortcuts after Anniversary Update
- [Fix] Adcjavas.inc File Corrupted in Windows 10
- [FIX] Windows Apps Crash Because Of Corrupted User Account
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]
Microsoft released a new Windows 7 update to the general public. Update KB4457139 is actually a preview of the upcoming monthly rollup update and allows users […]