Fix Xbox One controller issues in Anniversary Update
Earlier this week, we reported that the Anniversary Update broke the drivers of many game controllers, causing a wave of dissatisfaction among gamers. Long story short: the Anniversary Update disables the Exclusive Mode in controllers, leaving players unable to properly use their devices.
Xbox One users complain their Xbox One controller disconnects in Anniversary Update
1. It disconnects straight away. This can seemingly be solved by re-pairing the controller. Press the button the dongle, power on the controller and quickly press the sync button on the controller before it turns off.
2. Seemingly 2 controllers are now being registered. Checking Steam Big Picture mode settings for example will show the following and all inputs register twice; several games will also act erratic and act like 2 controllers are connected (you’ll see button promps change from Xbox buttons to generic ‘1’ etc.). Dragon’s Dogma is an example of a game that shows these issues.
The two problems described above occur both when the Xbox One controller is wired and wireless. Since users confirmed that the two workarounds suggested by Microsoft’s Support Team don’t really work, you can also try this fix and see if it helps you.
How to fix Xbox One controller issues in Anniversary Update
- Close the Xbox One controller altogether
- Go to Device Manager > HID devices > Game Controller > Disable
- Wait for the command to be completed
- Enable the feature again
- Connect the controller and see if the issue is still present.
For the time being, there is no permanent fix for this issue, but we hope Microsoft pushes an update soon because this issue is plaguing many gamers.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- New Xbox One build fixes USB keyboard and Party Chat issues
- Microsoft starts shipping Xbox One S 2TB pre-orders
- Background function for Groove Music coming to Xbox One soon
Remote Desktop Connection is basically a protocol that helps you to connect to another computer that is available at a remote location. It seems like […]
Microsoft Outlook 2016 does not support manual setup for an Exchange account directly from the add accounts interface. The add account now has only two […]
To prevent fraud and protect children from the online threat Xbox allows the parents to create Child account with restrictions. However, the parents can share […]